SA Boards???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Boards???

Need some expertise on identifying these boards. I thought Heer Arty boards but some feel SA. These were a direct vet bring back (my father) and stored in his footlocker until 3-years ago. Also looking for appox value on these boards - pls PM if possible on value. Thanks -
    Attached Files

and reverse - pls let me know if other photos are needed.
    Attached Files

Comment

Dan-
      The Shoulder Board Would Have Been Worn On The Uniform Of An Officer Attached To The Staff Of A Gruppe Or Obergruppe. The Rank Would Be Either A Sturmbannfuhrer, Obersturmbannfuhrer Or Standarten Fuhrer(Major, Lt. Col. Or Colonel).

Comment

I agree with Bob--great that your father found some SA stuff. The value would be around $145-175.00 each (they're both for the right shoulder of the tunic or brownshirt).
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Bob / Eric -

Thank you both for your very prompt replies - greatly appreciate the information. He brought back quite a few shoulder boards and I posted many of them a little over a year ago. I believe it was you Bob who identified the SA Westmark collar tabs so yes, I have been able to identify at least 5-6 SA related items that he brought back. Again, thanks~!

Comment

SA boards

Hello Dan I like the shoulder straps. If you search sa unifroms you'll find a thread titles SA obergrupenfuhrer uniform. You'll find a uniform with boards like yours. They're being worn as a pair. I might be wrong but I think your boards are a matched pair not two singles. Kirby

Comment

HERE IS A LINK TO THAT THREAD http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...FUHRER+UNIFORM

YOU WILL FIND THE SAME BOARDS MOUNTED ON BOB HRITZ'S STAFF STURMBANNFUHRER'S TUNIC. YOUR BOARDS ARE BOTH THE SAME HAND. IF A PAIR, THE WEAVE OF THE BRAID SHOULD BE A MIRROR IMAGE. THEY ARE ALSO THE 1939 PATTERN INSIGNIA.

Comment

Hello Bob Thanks for the correction. I see what Erich ment by two right side boards. I thought he ment two singles, not half of two sets. Kirby

Comment

Bob -

Thanks for the link and you are correct in they are of the same boards that Bob H. has on his SA Tunic. They are really great looking boards for being 70 yrs old.

Comment

Sorry I wasn't clearer--when this pattern was first introduced, they were worn singly on the right shoulder like the earlier boards. After about 1942 they were worn as pairs on tunics and overcoats, but still singly on the brownshirt.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X