Fronbahn badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fronbahn badge

I came across a nice Frontbahn badge and would like to see pics of some good ones for reference. I dont see these alot on the forums and may be harder to come by. I know that it was the SA while the NSDAP was banned and its leaders in prison , how long was the Frontbahn name used?

badge

Anybody???

Comment

Frontbann Badge

Gary,

Here's mine.

I started a thread on these badges on GMIC last year and quite a few members posted their examples. You'll have to be a member though to see them!

Stan
      Attached Files

Comment

Frontbann Badge

Reverse.

Stan
        Attached Files

Comment

Frontbann Badge

Here's the link to the thread on GMIC:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopi...0&hl=Frontbann

Stan

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Stan
            Mine is just like it except mine is numbered 21. I dont know what they are worth but figured $40 wasnt bad from the pawn/collector shop.

Comment

Frontbann Badge

Originally posted by GaryC View Post
              Thanks Stan
              Mine is just like it except mine is numbered 21. I dont know what they are worth but figured $40 wasnt bad from the pawn/collector shop.
              Gary,

That was an absolute bargain! The "21" marked badges are very desirable and the value is around $1,000.

Stan

Comment

$40.00!!! That's the bargain of the year, as Stan said. To the 'uninitiated' they look exceptionally insignificant, but to find a nice, correctly marked example even for $1000.00 would not be easy.
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

I understand the date of institution was 1932,they became an official party award in 1933 and were no longer authorized for wear after 1934. This makes for a short range of time in which they would have been produced. I've seen these marked in so many different ways and have always wondered which are the markings that can be considered genuine. In addition to the markings already mentioned I have seen one marked BSW (this one didn't look very convincing), Z. M. Ost (this one didn't look right either), unmarked and RZM marked.
                  Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X