UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your Pics of Form 4 NSDAP Tunics in Wear!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Costa View Post
    These portraits are all part of the US Army captured art. These particular portraits can be found at the Texas State University site as I also found these months ago and I am sure that is where Stonemint found these as well. There are many others available of lesser known officials. They can be found at this link.

http://collections.swco.ttu.edu/hand...200&type=title

Mark Costa
    Hmmmmmm.
    I had heard they are in DC in some Army department vault... Interesting that the images are on a Tx State University website. This campus is only about 30 minutes from me, in a town I drive thru about once every 6 weeks. I wonder why they have these images?

Comment

The actual paintings themselves are located at Carlisle Barracks but are not shown to the public. One must be a serious researcher to get in to see them. The Texas website states that the photos were given taken by a Texas university researcher and the photos given to the school. So they only have the photos themselves not the actual paintings.

Mark Costa

Comment

Isn't the one below Alfred Rosenberg on page 2, Dr. Bernhard Rust?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Costa View Post
          The actual paintings themselves are located at Carlisle Barracks but are not shown to the public. One must be a serious researcher to get in to see them. The Texas website states that the photos were given taken by a Texas university researcher and the photos given to the school. So they only have the photos themselves not the actual paintings.

Mark Costa
          Mark,
          valuable contributions as always. thanks

Comment

More from Mark's link:

Fiehler
            Attached Files

Comment

Frick
              Attached Files

Comment

Hitler
                Attached Files

Comment

Let's get this thread back on track with some Form 4 uniforms (or at least headgear):
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Ley & Ciano(?). Anyone have better pics of this event?:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Ley again:
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

NAC pic of Goebbel's embroidered wreath RL visor. Piping appears to be wool(?)
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

A very nice photo including Dr. Ernst Kaltenbrunner (on the right), which makes this photo easy to date. Kaltenbrunner is wearing the rank of SS-Brigadeführer which he held between March and September of 1938.

Br. James

Comment

Hmmmmmm...?? Having just made the observation below, how does that fit in with the cap Goebbels is wearing...isn't his cap design from the 1939 PL uniform revision? Kaltenbrunner was promoted to the rank of SS-Gruppenführer on September 11, 1938, and it's hard to believe that he would have been wearing the rank patches of a lesser grade even one day after his promotion, let alone some months later...??

Br. James

Comment

The man in the photo is NOT Kaltenbrunner but Dr. Otto Wachter. This photo was taken in Poland on Sept 1, 1940 during Goebbels visit to see Dr. Hans Frank, when Wacther was attached to the GeneralGovernment.

Mark Costa

Comment

Thanks for the correction, Mark. I thought I noticed a dueling scar on the left cheek, but I guess not. Wächter is an interesting character, though...especially how he cheated the hangman!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X