Opinions 15 yr NSDAP LS Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions 15 yr NSDAP LS Award

This is being offered at an auction. Opinions welcomed.
    Thanks
    Stan

Hi Stan,
    Its actually a 25yr NSDAP medal. As for authenticity, I am not sure. I think much better pics are needed. It is a rare one and not very often seen. Others might be able to tell off these pics....but not me.
    Good Luck,
    Andy B.
    Collecting minis and KVKs

Comment

NSDAP 25 yr cross

Hey, another Stan!

I have seen a very similar cross before and it was discussed at length.

It does have the flaw to the eagles left wing but it also has an "o" on the reverse top arm of the cross which is strange.

It's almost certainly OK but if you are prepared to wait, you'll find a more text-book version you'll be happier with.

Stan

Comment

yep better pics needed , theres something i don t like about this one !

Comment

"It does have the flaw to the eagles left wing but it also has an "o" on the reverse top arm of the cross which is strange."

Hi Stan,
          I was just curious about the flaw, could you point it out on this one so it might help me in the future.
          Thanks in advance,
          Andy B.
          Collecting minis and KVKs

Comment

NSDAP 25 yr cross

Originally posted by Andy Berentsen View Post
            "It does have the flaw to the eagles left wing but it also has an "o" on the reverse top arm of the cross which is strange."

Hi Stan,
            I was just curious about the flaw, could you point it out on this one so it might help me in the future.
            Thanks in advance,
            Andy B.
            Andy,

You are quite right, the flaw is not visible on the photos posted but I have seen this type of cross before and am pretty certain that the flaw was there.

Here is my cross which Col Dodkin's bought from Klietmann in 1952. I much prefer these heavier crosses than the thin "20" marked pieces which are doing the rounds at present.

Unfortunately, I am unable to post the photo for some reason...I'll try again soon.

Stan

Comment

25 Year NSDAP Cross

Here's the photo which shows the flaw.

Stan
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys for the info. Stan thanks for the picture. I'll take a closer look at the badge during the preview.
                Stan

Comment

The one posted in the first two posts gives me a bad feeling though. Would the motto on the reverse usually be this much off center?
                  Richard V

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                    The one posted in the first two posts gives me a bad feeling though. Would the motto on the reverse usually be this much off center?
                    Richard V
                    Richard,

There is nothing strange about that-I've seen the centre disc off-centre several times. Steve Wolfe offered me a cased one recently which was just the same (off-centre).

Stan

Comment

OK. But even the wreath around it isn't centered properly with the tie at the bottom skewing to the right. Seems like a pretty sloppy assembly job.
                      Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X