This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form IV Reichsleitung Visor Piping

Bob C and I had an off-line chat on the significance of the piping on Form IV (1939-1945) Reichsleitung (not Reichsleiter) visor caps, and I would like to hear other thoughts on the topic.

The most common Reichs-level piping we see is the golden-yellow piping (same as WH Cavalry):
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

However, there are many RL visors also found with the lemon-yellow piping (same as WH-signals). Most of these are the #4 marked visors (Clemens Wagner) that were liberated by GIs at an Ordensburgen.

So, the question is, are these lemon-yellow specific only to Ordensburgen, or simply a manufacturer's variation? (I cannot believe the RZM would have allowed such a deviation, so I have to believe there is some reason for the piping differential.
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thoughts? Cooments? Opinons?
      Anyone have RZM regs on the topic?
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The 4th Pattern Reichsleitung Insignia Piping Matches The Lemon Yellow Piping Found On The Visor Caps. My Thoughts Are The Cavalry Yellow Are Pre 1939 Reichsleitung Hats. Ordensburg Was A Reichs Level Political Organization. The Cavalry Yellow Can Be Found With And Without The 4th Pattern Hat Wreath. The Reverse Is Not True For The Lemon Yellow.

Comment

Bob--here is an exception, then--this is from the French headgear book (1980) and depicts a Form 4 with golen-yellow piping and an embroidered wreath. We know that the embroidered wreath was only authorized/implemented for the Form 4, and not Form 3.

It seems (and I am going off a rusty memory now) that every lemon-yellow piped was out of that closed Ordensburg school, and RZM #ed "4".
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Some time ago I got a lemon yellow and the seller said is for Reich Level political for NSDAP ,Is he correct?So is it Reichsleiter or Reichsleitung? Wich is the difference?Can you explain?Sorry I'm ignorant in this field
            Carlo

Comment

Carlo--a Reichsleiter would have a visor with gold bullion piping. Those hats are very rare, as there were only about 20 Reichsleiters. We are just discussing the Reichsleitung-level hats with the wool piping, be it lemon-yellow or golden-yellow.
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Bob--here is one of Jeff's visors with the golden-yellow:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

OK, now to contradict what I said earlier (and I told you my memory was rusty!).

This is an NSDAP Osteinsatz visor that I had in my possession last year.
                  These hats date from 1944. This one does have the lemon-yellow, so it wasn't exclusive to the Ordensburgen.

This was by far the nicest NSDAP visor I have ever seen (next to a Reichsleiter, of course!)
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Bob, I would agree that this beauty on the e-stand is a Form-3 brought up to Form 4 Regs (and a bargain, I may add!):
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

So this is Reichleitung ,an exatly is for?This is my only political visor
                      Thanks Chris
                      Attached Files

Comment

Solo--it is a Reichs-level cap. It could be Ordensburgen. What is the RZM #? I bet its a 4.
                        How about more pics of your new baby?!
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

BTW, this is one I used to own--also a lemon-yellow #4 from the Ordensburgen horde.
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

An other example...cames from "Vogelsang"
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 07-25-2009, 05:21 AM.
                            Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
                            - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Front...
                              Attached Files
                              Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
                              - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X