Glider pin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glider pin?

Hi, could anybody tell me anything about this pin and it's value? A friend of mine has it & wants to sell it to me but he doesn't know what it is & what it is worth. Thanks for any help. DEL
    Attached Files

Glider pin?

Pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

I believe it's an award earned by members of the HJ for model glider building competitions. I think they were presented to the winners in sets, a 'full' size and a small, lapel size stickpin, both numbered on the back. Early versions were in bronze or tombac, later versions in zinc (your friends' appears to be the larger version, possibly in zinc). No clue on the value.

Comment

The truth of the matter is that if your friend wants to sell it to you then it is only worth what you are willing to pay for it. Make him an offer and see if he takes it.

Comment

Glider pin?

Thanks for your reply Scott. Bruce, people like to know what their items are worth whether it be inexpensive or expensive. I never saw one of these for sale anywhere & of course they must be a common piece. Once I found out what it was worth, I was going to make him an offer. DEL

Comment

Hi,
            take a look at this thread

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=242031

Comment

I've seen the smaller lapel-size pin on sale for ~$100-$150. I would guess the full size version would be twice that (?).

Comment

Glider pin?

Thanks alot for your replies and help. DEL

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X