Is This two Armband Good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is This two Armband Good or bad?

I would appreciate your expert opinion on this two armbands. I dot not have any other pictures of them, and two my knowledge a blacklight test has not been made.

And just for the record "i do not like them"
    Attached Files

2 armband
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello why do you not like them? From what I can see they look good. At least the first one does .I had one just like it same every thing unisued and it was good.

Comment

The SS armband looks suspicous for a couple of reasons. I have owned several originals, but none of them had that heavy satin stitch around the white circle. But I know of a faker in the Detroit area who uses that stitch. That does not mean that method of construction was never used - but I have never owned a good one that was that way. I would also measure the width of the black striping - it looks too thin - should be 10 mm as I recall, and this looks a little thinner. And third thing - you can see that there is some raised nap on the edges of the red wool in the pictures. Quality wool doesn't pill up like that, but synthetic blend wool has a nasty tendency to do so. If you look on the inside, the black banding should have been applied at the same time the edge of the red wool is hemmed - in other words, there should be no sign that the black bands were sewn on AFTER the red wool was hemmed at the edges.

Comment

Hello need better pics but from what is posted I don't like the SS armband

Comment

The S S Armband Is A Definite Stinker. # 1 Looks O K But More Detailed Pics Are Needed.

Comment

Dav

I don´ t like them for a number of reasons. But not collecting armbands it is mostly “gut feeling”, but you guys say the first (the SA) are okay, and that is good enough for me. Even tough I am always suspicious with that seller; he has been trying to pass a lot of copies as originals in the past.

For the SS armband I think chekit hit the nail, and it looks to me awfully similar to a armband I once got from World War II products Ltd (does that firm still exist?) in St. Louis.

IF I buy the SA armband I will post better pictures for sure.. Bob.

Comment

Get a return guarantee and blacklight it for sure.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X