Hats..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hats..

When was the first recorded photo of Hitler wearing a kepi/Cap?, apart from the civilian type hats he wore in the 1920s..i cannot recall seeing him wearing a Kepi, any particular reason for this

Hi Sean, there is a fairly well known Hoffmann photo of Hitler in a Kepi. It was said he disliked the image and so did not wear one again. It is in one of Robin's books I think?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hitler & kepi

Not true !! Hitler found out his kepi was fake, and vowed to never wear one again.

Comment

Kepi

P.S. Suffice to say.........that faker is no longer with us........

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
          Not true !! Hitler found out his kepi was fake, and vowed to never wear one again.
          i agree, didnt he buy it off Ebay? seriously has anyone got a scan of this photo? i cant recall Goebbells wearing a kepi either..

Comment

I think I know the picture of Hitler that you're talking about..

for a view of it, please refer to 'Headgear of Hitlers Germany' volume 3 page 10..

I dont have a scanner or I would post it..
            Perhaps someone here has both the book and a scanner?

Comment

There is a portrait where he's looking directly at the camera wearing the kepi with the visor just above his eyes, and a few photos where he's holding one in his hand. They would date from the late 20s at likely the 29 party rally. I believe that, while wearing it, Ernst Röhm, in an attempt at humor, said to him "allo Frenchy--nice kepi!". Hitler was not amused and from that day on Röhm's days were numbered.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

I think this is one of Hitler early photos in kepi. This one is in the book ADOLF HITLER by John Toland.

Fred
                Last edited by Federico Perez; 05-02-2009, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Hi Fred, thats is the picture I had in mind I have the same book so most likely where I saw it.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Federico

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X