Troost-Architectural Model-Entrance-Braunes Haus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troost-Architectural Model-Entrance-Braunes Haus

Interesting item on ebay, described as Troost-Architectural Model-Entrance-Braunes Haus:
    http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/...215448081&rd=1
    I've never seen anything quite like it. I somehow doubt it's an architectural model, but maybe a diorama?

A Very Interesting Item That Is Likely What It Purports To Be. It Would Not Be Unusual For An Architect To Build A Three Dimensional Elevation Of An Important Aspect Of A Structure For The Client's Approval.
    A Neat Piece But Pricey!

Comment

Braunes Haus

Yes, I supose that this could be an original model although the elastolin figures have most probably been added.

Robin Lumsden mentioned a few months ago on another post how good the Muenchener Stadts Museeum was in Munich so I called in two weeks ago to take a look. The NS section was REALLY impressive and included a wooden scale model of a building project which was proposed for Munich.

Stan

Comment

It could be original, BUT it lack the atention to scale detail and perspective. German architectural models of the T.R. period where so detailed and to perfect scale that you could call them a work of art.

In fact photos of them where my motive to build a decorative piece for the collection room, is not as detail as the ones made in the 1930s for the Reichschancellery building project, the scale of my model is 1/72, the original of this same view(one of the two) was 1/24 scale and I belive it still exist.

Fred
        Last edited by Federico Perez; 05-02-2009, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Hope to some day see the original, if in fact still exist!! Hitler was always facinated with perfect models in scale of the projects he intended for Germany, there was even a "model room" in the new Reichschancellery to display this amazing models and some times dioramas, since they where painted and decorated with scale figures for the more realistic efect on how they will look in "real life".
          Last edited by Federico Perez; 05-02-2009, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Over $13,000 US realized on auction. Stunning.

Comment

It Certainly Will Not Be Part Of My Collection Room Decor! Crazy Price-in My Opinion

Comment

$13,000 may not go far in this hobby, but it can go farther than this....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X