2 hat eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 hat eagles

I need info on 2 eagles, both have RZM stamp on the back.
    What is exactly gold eagle and are they original or not?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

Second eagle,
      Attached Files

Comment

back side
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CROATIA View Post
          Second eagle,
          M38 HJ visor eagle, 2 prongs missing => Original
          Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
          - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

I need info on 2 eagles, both have RZM stamp on the back.
            What is exactly gold eagle and are they original or not?
            Any help would be appreciated.
            RMBO, eastern NS administration visor eagle => Original
            or DIPLOMATIC/GOVT OFFICIAL JUNIOR RANK http://www.relicsofthereich.com/shop...ph=1741&phqu=6
            Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 03-03-2008, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Pascal, Thanks for info. Any idea about value?

Comment

Pascal, Thanks for info. Any idea about value?
                below an similar eagle was sold for...
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=273757

Comment

WOW, thanks. I do not collect insignias so both eagles will go to estand shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pascal Bernhard View Post
                    RMBO, eastern NS administration visor eagle => Original
                    or DIPLOMATIC/GOVT OFFICIAL JUNIOR RANK http://www.relicsofthereich.com/shop...ph=1741&phqu=6
                    Hi Pascal,

I'm curious about the markings on the RMBO eagle. The RMBO was not subject to the RZM as the RZM only had authority over Party equipment and insigna, and RMBO is clearly a civil or state body. I've never seen the RMBO in any RZM literature or regs. Is an RZM mark commonly seen on RMBO eagles, in which case it is a manufacturer's mistake (rare, but it happens) or a repro?

Comment

I found same eagle on internet
                      http://www.germanwarbooty.com/metal%20i138.htm

Comment

After looking at the closeup on the link above, I'll have to say the RMBO eagle is a fake. The RZM has the "lazy M" in the logo, generally indicative of fakes, and I can see no corresponding license number ("M1/XX"). One without the other is wrong. That and the fact that RMBO insignia was not under the RZM all points to this eagle being a fake.

In addition, the one on "German War Booty" is artificially aged.

Comment

Originally posted by sjl View Post
                          After looking at the closeup on the link above, I'll have to say the RMBO eagle is a fake. The RZM has the "lazy M" in the logo, generally indicative of fakes, and I can see no corresponding license number ("M1/XX"). One without the other is wrong. That and the fact that RMBO insignia was not under the RZM all points to this eagle being a fake.

In addition, the one on "German War Booty" is artificially aged.
                          The lake of RZM maker code M1/XX is indeed odd, the eagle seems more to be a General Gouvernement visor cap eagle (see page 159 "In the service of the III Reich" -Angolia), and so far I remember was this organisation under the RZM regulation = General gouv. NSDAP. IMHO the eagle seems correct, but of course I could be wrong.
                          And... what's the interest to fake such an insignia, no market, of course, if it was an SS eagle...

CROATIA, is there nowhere on your eagle a M1/XX marking?

But let me know, more opinions are of course welcome !
                          Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 03-03-2008, 02:05 PM.

Comment

The Generalgouvernement established October 26, 1939 following the occupation of Poland was not an NSDAP creation. It was created by the German civil authorities as an administrative unit of the Grossdeutsches Reich. The governing people were largely party functionaries and senior SS, but it was also staffed by foreign office people because of its ambiguous status of being a German "colony" or administrative district without being part of Germany proper. It was planned to become part of Germany itself following the war and "Germanization" of the population.

The Reich Ministry for the Occupied Eastern Territories (RmbO) was a civil government ministry, as can be seen from the name - not a Party branch or organization, which were the only things governed by the RZM, which was itself a non-government Party department. Any insignia of the RMBO would therefore not come under the RZM.

Comment

Originally posted by sjl View Post
                              The Generalgouvernement established October 26, 1939 following the occupation of Poland was not an NSDAP creation. It was created by the German civil authorities as an administrative unit of the Grossdeutsches Reich. The governing people were largely party functionaries and senior SS, but it was also staffed by foreign office people because of its ambiguous status of being a German "colony" or administrative district without being part of Germany proper. It was planned to become part of Germany itself following the war and "Germanization" of the population.

The Reich Ministry for the Occupied Eastern Territories (RmbO) was a civil government ministry, as can be seen from the name - not a Party branch or organization, which were the only things governed by the RZM, which was itself a non-government Party department. Any insignia of the RMBO would therefore not come under the RZM.
                              Surely right but: the "Ost" cuff titles in the book with RZM tags...sorry but it's not my speciality, not under RZM control? Wrong tag, nothing to do on the band ?
                              And what's with Wehrmacht belt buckles RZM M4/XX marked...? An error is still possible.
                              It's only an observation which I makes, I don't want to impose any opinion...
                              Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 03-03-2008, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X