hermann goering locomotives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hermann goering locomotives

ive been told that goering sent his trains to Obersalzburg in the last two weeks of April 1945,where they were looted by the victors.

i know that he had train numbers...10243 and 10244,can anyone confirm he had numbers 10242 and 10241,you could tell via silver,plates,china from buffet cars(these are numbered with locomotives code)

the items will have only the last 3 numbers on base.

any info as always will be of great use,
    thanks

matthew

Matthew-
    Goring's Train Was Found In A Tunnel In The Obersalzburg. The Train Contained The Majority Of His Personal Property From Carinhall. Among The Items Were Many Paintings And Other Works Of Art. The Train Was Captu Red By The 101st Airborne Division, Who Set Up An Exhibit Of Goring's Art In Bertschesgarten. Much Of The Personal Property Was Siezed And Taken As War Booty. I Have A Grouping Of Items That Were Brought Back By Colonel Walter Elkins, A Staff Officer Of The 101st. Among The Items Was A Silver Goblet With The Goring Coat Of Arms. On The Reverse Side Is Engraved "goring's Goblet." This Was From A Set Taken By General Maxwell Taylor, Who Had The Inscription Engraved By A Local Jeweler. He Then Gave A Goblet To Each Of His Staff Officers As A Token Of Rememberance. The Majority Of The Material In The Train Was Personal Artifiacts And Not Connected To The Train Or It's Numbers.
    By The Way, The Goblet Along With Another That Came From Colonel Elkins Are Used On A Regular Basis.

Comment

trains

many thanks bob,i have the tea set with train number 241/242.....believed that goering had 243/244......so im guessing if he had a few train cars min is part of his set,this would tie up with the vets story that it was liberated from high ranking train,fingers crossed its goerings.

its a standard deutsches reichbahn silver set,but its the locomotive number that got me interested.

thanks
      matthew

Comment

Wow, that reminds me, I have an ivory table lamp that cam from these trains. Couldn't prove it, but there were a pair of these and my friend got the other one, so he is at least a witness to the story...Tom

Comment

Tom,
          Can you post a photo of the lamp?
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

dr

10242 and 10244 is dinning-cars (built1937/38) for HITLER .... 10241 AND 10243 is for goering

Comment

Pic

Impossible To Put Pic Sory!!!!!!!!!!only By Url Very Stange

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X