Is This Armband Good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is This Armband Good?

I received this armband as a gift from a friend who knows I collect military "stuff". I don't have much knowledge when it comes to german cloth so I would appreciate your expert opinion.

The armband shows evidence of being sewn to a uniform because there are remenants of light brown colored thread along the edges. The armband is wool and the white circle some other type of cloth. There are four small moth holes and areas of moth tracking on the reverse. I used a UV light and found that only the white thread sewing the circle to the armband floresces. The swastika is embroidered. I cannot make out all the writing on the stamp. But the portion on the white circle says "SA der ...." and to the left of the eagle it says "Sturm". Thanks for your feedback.
    Attached Files

The stamp would read SA der NSDAP, and the issue area Grupe etc for an SA gruppe, SA armbands where generally stamped, the wool would denote it was for an outer coat, have you better scans of the armband?

Comment

ive always wondered about armbands with stamps on, they are widely accepted as genuine, but in my thinking , if you have to stamp it, do it on the inside. they look sloppy.

Comment

Here is a closer shot of the stamp.
        Attached Files

Comment

It seems okay to me, some better opinions im sure will offer advice, i agree with Herr Braun why on earth the SA printed on the outer is odd but hey thats what they did... Sean

Comment

Unusual style of construction but it looks fine to me. The stamping was on the outside per early regulations--had it been on the inside it would not be able to be seen without removing it from the shirt or tunic.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Even more interesting, is that your armband has an embroidered swas on it. I've only seen that one other time... Also on an early SA armband...
              Last edited by Johann Anton; 02-19-2008, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X