Questions on SA items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on SA items

Greetings all, I am new here and glad to find such a valuable resource as this finally. I don't collect german militaria per se but run across it from time to time in my adventures.

I was recently called to a home to look at some german items and wasn't very thrilled about what it was over the phone but went anyway. Seems like it may have been much better than initially I had thought.

Maybe you can tell me what I have and what the values are (they will be sold) and as soon as I can get some pictures loaded into photobucket, there will be pictures posted here.

I firmly believe all these to be original items and they will be sold, any help is appreciated. I will answer questions too of course to further help in identity until I get the pics up tonite or tomorrow.

These were all brought back to the USA in the early 70s and stored away until 2008. They all came from Regensburg. I have a pair of boots listed in another seperate thread under wehrmacht items. They are tall black riding boots in 9 1/2 by Sturmvogel.

Thanks!!

All the pictures below are clickable thumbnails, just click to enlarge the picture. Sorry for the poor quality sometimes, I don't have the best camera and I am not the best cameraman. Please let me know your thoughts and I will be selling these in estand or elsewhere if no interest in them. Thanks.

I will call this first tunic A (original idea huh) and it has no armband but it once did, there is a red thread where it was once tacked into place. Wear to the collar from being folded and worn. Slightly dirty shirt and wrinkled from trunk storage for 20 or more years. Some moth nips to the one collar tab READS 4/11 on the tab. The other collar tab was removed at some point. Some gold buttons (missing the two on the cuffs) Others look to be silver except that they are basically very worn. Looking around the edges of the buttons, shows them to be gold in color. Two small holes for badge in the left pocket, dead center of the pleat.
    Two different photos of the front and one of the back

Close up of the intact insignia and shoulderboard

Interior of jacket markings

Interior of the shirt to show a few things. First, removable type buttons, second a faded label in the waistband w/faint markings and rzm and finally third, perhaps a name on the inside of the left lower front of the shirt. Also has RZM marked gold belt hook things.
    as shown here

Moving on to the next shirt, I will call it ....B (surprising I know)

Full picture of the shirt. Note it has the opposing collar tab (blank) as to the one above. It also has an armband tacked into place and interesting interior markings.
    It too has gold removable buttons (a little corrosion) and a brown plastic type one at the waist. I guess this was the guy's Sunday shirt...nicer that is.

Close-up of the shirt insignia and neckline:

CLoseup of the markings in the shirt:

Picture of the waistline of the shirt, showing removable buttons and a faded RZM tag as well

Closeup of armband on the shirt:

Ok next, I have 5 ties with the shirts (one for each working day I guess).

The first two shown are pre-tied and don't have to be untied to take off. Only the one shown has a tag on it. The other one does not but is equal in condition.

The next photo shows the three normal brown ties that came with the items. None are marked. The one on top is heavy material, the one in the middle is lightweight and the one on the bottom seems to be a middle weight material.

Finally there was the cap for the uniform, not in the best of shape I know but it is what it is. If I can't sell it, I guess I can wear it around for a while. Well I am a fat-head and it won't fit me so maybe not.

There is no eagle or gold button from what I read there should be. I guess it was denazified at some point. A prussian looking eagle button replaced the other one and it is held on with a safety pin. There are moth holes and the leather is in decent shape. Markings are as shown.

That is all, blast away with info and ideas and values
    Last edited by dwhitwo254; 02-13-2008, 11:32 PM. Reason: adding pictures of course!

Hello, welcome to the forum though i think you need to post pictures of the items before asking their value on this forum, i would doubt anyone on here will give you definate values by description alone.
    The button colour on SA shirts denote which Gruppe they belong to as two Gruppen had the same collar/piping colour.
    I look forward to seeing what you have Sean
    Last edited by luftwaffe blue; 02-13-2008, 12:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Photos would certainly be helpful, but it sounds like brownshirts and a kepi from group Bayerische Ostmark, which used light blue tabs with gold buttons. The description sounds like the shirts have the first pattern insignia. Sounds very interesting!
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Now with photos

I added photos for everything I could think of!

Comment

All Appears To Be Original And Earlier Pattern Shirts. The Biggest Problem Is The Missing Collar Insignia. Finding Tabs To Match The Gruppe Can Be A Challenging Event.

Comment

Nice little grouping! I wouldn't worry about the missing insignia or mothing to the kepi--I'd buy the lot as is!
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Wonderful find!! I have an B/Ostmark Musicians shirt, ill post a picture so you can see what yours would look like complete ..

Comment

thanks

THanks for the responses guys. I really appreciate the help.

I like the german militaria but it seemed in the past that I got burned alot so I stopped messing with it except in these cases. I can't believe some of the prices I have seen on here given with what I used to pay when I had a few german things in the 80's. Wow things have gone up but I am also paying $3 per gallon of gas too.

I have too many other things going on to set on a search to re-insignia the items. That little kepi eagle alone would set me back a pretty penny from what I see.

I wanted to offer the items here for sale first but I don't know what would be fair. A buddy and I may head over to the gun and military show in Louisville in a week or so though if I still have it.

Comment

Well i think Erich and I are certainly interested, me more one of the shirts

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X