No announcement yet.

3 cased eagle orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, always a pleasure to see examples of this Order, congratulations Michael. Numbers "2" and "5" are the rank of each cross (1943-45 period). Here is my Eagle´s family:

Comment

And a few award documents:

Comment

Originally posted by aenobarbo View Post
        Yes, always a pleasure to see examples of this Order, congratulations Michael. Numbers "2" and "5" are the rank of each cross (1943-45 period). Here is my Eagle´s family:

Damm thats a nice ''little eagle family''

Comment

eagle orders

how long did it take you to gather that collection? what a lovely sight to see regards,,mike

Comment

Originally posted by michael leone View Post
            i have discovered on the top of the fan of both crosses are single digit numbers, 2 and 5,, one on each medal, plus the usual 900 and 21 on the ring. does anyone know the significance of these numbers?
            That means that the Eagle Order that is marked 2 is the Second Class award of the German Eagle Order and it was meant to be worn along with the six pointed silver star and the Eagle Order that is marked 5 is the Fifth class of the German Eagle Order.
            I hope this helps.

Regards,
            Stephen

Comment

Glad that you both like to see it. If there´s any closer image you would like to see tell me.

Actually passed ten years since I received that Grand Cross and award document from my great-aunt. That lot fascinated me, and since then the German Eagle Order is my main collecting topic.

Pablo

Comment

Fantastic grouping Pablo.

Mine has the the # 5

Comment

May I please ask who the lower signatures are on some of the documents shown ? I think this is the most artistic III.Reich award, but have never seen an award document in person. Curious, if due to being given to non-Germans, if diplomatic or political persons added their name to AH. The display of orders in this thread was the most attractive thing I've seen since joining the forum. Very beautiful and with great taste.

Mark

Comment

Hi Pablo,

I echo what Mark said.
                    You have an excellent collection there & I would love to see more of those documents
                    Thank you for posting these pictures.

Cheers,
                    Ibrahim,
                    Singapore.

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post
                    May I please ask who the lower signatures are on some of the documents shown ? I think this is the most artistic III.Reich award, but have never seen an award document in person. Curious, if due to being given to non-Germans, if diplomatic or political persons added their name to AH. The display of orders in this thread was the most attractive thing I've seen since joining the forum. Very beautiful and with great taste.

Mark

Comment

"That means that the Eagle Order that is marked 2 is the Second Class award of the German Eagle Order and it was meant to be worn along with the six pointed silver star and the Eagle Order that is marked 5 is the Fifth class of the German Eagle Order."

This is correct for the 1943 version, where the case should read "Deutscher Adlerorden II. Klasse. The case shown (Deutscher Adlerorden 1 Stufe mit Schwertern) would be the 1939 issue.

cheers
                      Peter

Comment

Originally posted by aenobarbo View Post

Can I have one? You have so many and you don't need all of them. I only want one. Please? Very nice collection!!!!

Thorn

Comment

Stunning!!!!!

Best regards,
                          Ben

Comment

Beautiful awards, I must agree with everybody! This award is the best looking TR award in my opinion. Stunning.

Comment

About 20 years ago, in the late 80s there was an ad in the Galveston Texas newspaper offering to sell a German medal for $1500. I contacted the guy to see what medal it was, it turned out to be an Order of the German Eagle 1st class in the box. It was beautiful. But I had no idea what it was. I asked several of the people that I knew that were interested in and had some knowledge of WW2 German items. None of them knew what it was either.
                              You must remember that this was before everyone had computers so most collectors knew combat awards but had never even heard of this award.
                              I told the seller that I had no idea what it was worth but if he didn't have any luck selling it for $1500, I would give him $500 for it. About a month later, I got a call from him asking if I would still give him $500 for it and I said I would.
                              All he told me was he had been given the medal by an old German sailor that he had befriended. I looked everywhere and could find no information on it so I answered an ad for a place called "Pieces of History" in Arizona. He had me send it to him to verify it's authenticity. He called me when he got it and asked what I would take for it. I said I wanted $800 cash, a Gold Close Combat Clasp and an IC1 that was in his catalog. He agreed.
                              About two months later I saw what looked just like the medal I sold him sell in Manions for $9500. I sold the Gold CCC and later it turned out to be a fake. The IC1 was stolen while I was showing my collection. So, I made a couple of bucks and got to hold and admire a truly beautiful piece of art.
                              If the Wehrmacht Awards Forum had only been around then.....
                              Denny

Comment

Pieces of History cured me of medal collecting after selling me several fakes long long ago......and I still rarely buy any to this day.

The Eagle Orders are the most beautiful of all the German medals, in my opinion....stunning display!
                                https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X