Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA silver sports badge opinion

Hello gentlemen

I have bought this Silver SA sportsbadge i would appreciat if anyone has some thoughts or an opinion about it i hope that the photo's are good enough.Thanks in advance.

Very-very poor details at the backside of the badge. This is 3-rd type W.Redo badge was made during WW2.
    IMO details looks correctly except for a position of inscription "SA Fuhrung".

Waiting for more opinions.

Comment

Hardware and design look correct in the badge, pin and catch pin, but this is not the most tipical lettering in this kind of item made by REDO. I know at least two different lettering for these REDO´ SA-Wehrabzeichen, and yours is a mix between the others. Any case, IMO it´s an original.
      Regards

Comment

IMO, there are three types of REDO SA badge:
        - Saarlautern is printed as one word (note: especial font of letters of all words of a badge)
        - Saarlautern is devided by "-"
        - Saarlautern is devided by "=".
        During WW2 REDO SA badge with "=" was printed so that one half of letter "N" was printed on a beam of a swastika, and second half - on a part of oak leaf (looks correct at the author's badge). However inscription "SA Fuhrung", IMHO, should be a little more to the right!
        Last edited by Roman (Russia); 01-30-2008, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys for the opinions i have tried to make better shots of the back maybe you can judge at it better then.

Comment

Well, I can´t see any traces of bronze in these pictures. It looks like a silver badge. And them this high number is very rare in one like this. On the other hand, details in lettering are very poor. If you can, let it be and take a text book item. Anycase for all the other aspects I like the badge.

Roman: It´s well known this position for "SA FUHRUNG" in some badges made by REDO. You can see an example in the famous Angolia´s book "For Fuhrer and Fatherland" page 239. I don´t know if you are talking about this.

Regards from Spain

Comment

Thanks for info Gregorio

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info and opinions it is greatly appreciated,but i like this badge it has for me that ''been there'' look.Cheers Patrick

Comment

Patrick, you have the last decision, of course.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X