Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Tabs - Ehrenfuhrer (honor leader) ?

Hi folks,

These were in the SS section. Initially said to be fake SS tabs but as I pointed out they appear to be an SA rank featured on page 38 of Collector's Guide to SA insignia. It reflects an honorary rank of Ehrenfuhrer (honor leader) or Standarten Honor Leader a' la suite. The black color would represent Berlin/Brandenburg rather than any SS attachment. This rank was to be awarded to those who supported the group... The construction techniques are the same for SA or SS and I'm wondering if you would concur that the formation of the leaf & tightness of the embroidery is equal to a correct (early - no acorns) tab set for the SA?

From what I see there's nothing wrong with the construction. The bullion is tight & leaf well formed. Can anyone say why these are junk?

I'm interested in them. The seller is a new member who's not sure what he's got (real or fake). What might a fair price be for these?

First shot:
    Attached Files

reverse of this tab
    Attached Files

Comment

Second tab
      Attached Files

Comment

second tab reverse

If the pros feel they're authentic what would a fair price be & if they're repros what does a set such as these go for as non-period reproductions?
        Attached Files

Comment

they are made nice, $60 would be my guess

Comment

I Do Not Like These Tabs

1. The Piping Is Odd, Not Matching Known Period Examples.

2. The Pips Do Not Show Any Oxidation On Brass Pins. They
            Appear To Be New

3. The Buckram Appears To Be Of A Kind Used On Fake Tabs

4. In Most Cases, The Brass Pins Would Chemically React
            With The Buckram Adhesive Causing Verdigris On The Pins.

Comment

I agree with Bob. Also, the base fabric is velvet, which was not used for SA tabs except for those of 2 specific branches in the early 30s. And the bullion is tight but notice that there are spots on the oakleaf lobes where the base cardboard is exposed--I've never seen an original set with so many exposed areas.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Thanx guys, for your observations. It's great when you can count on another set (or two) of eyes on something. Very much appreciate your taking the time.

Rick C.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X