Hitler Jugend "Lager Polizei" armband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Jugend "Lager Polizei" armband

Hello all. This is my first post to this forum, having just become activated. I have what I believe is a relatively scarce HJ armband, the likes of which I've not seen before outside of my own. This is nicely embroidered in white thread in old German script on a medium-blue background "HJ Lagerpolizei" (Hitler Youth Camp Police). Has anyone else seen one of these? The condition is excellent and is 100 percent original, having been WWII veteran acquired. Any input is appreciated, Thanks!

Originally posted by Milton View Post
    Hello all. This is my first post to this forum, having just become activated. I have what I believe is a relatively scarce HJ armband, the likes of which I've not seen before outside of my own. This is nicely embroidered in white thread in old German script on a medium-blue background "HJ Lagerpolizei" (Hitler Youth Camp Police). Has anyone else seen one of these? The condition is excellent and is 100 percent original, having been WWII veteran acquired. Any input is appreciated, Thanks!
    Welcome to the Forum, you may want to post this question in the Political Forum. I have never seen the armband you are describing. It sounds like an interesting piece!

Comment

Thanks, and thanks for putting it in the right category, too! I hope I can receive some constructive input, as in over 30 years of collecting, I've never run into another! Thanks again.

Comment

Milton-
        " A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words."

Comment

Hi Bob. I'd love to post a photo, but apparently can't w/ my current level of membership. The design is quite simple, however, plain blue armband w/ "HJ Lagerpolizei" embroidered in old German script. I'd be interested if ANYbody has one in their possession or has at least come across one in their travels, etc. Thanks!

Comment

send me a pic and i will try and post for you doug_lynn2002@yahoo.co.uk

Comment

Yes, it would be interesting to see the armband actually. The term "HJ-Lagerpolizei" certainly isn't one that seems to be directly connected to the Fahrtlager (annual camps). The term usually used within these annual camps was "Lagerwache" or camp guard (responsible for security, fire watch, reveille etc). Polizei seems far too 'heavy' a term to have been used in connection to a fun summer camp. Perhaps a Wehrertüchtigungslager? Or was it worn by adults acting in a supervisory capacity at a large HJ event?

I went through my photos and postcards but could only find this one picture of a Jungvolk Lagerwache. I'm unaware of a specific regulation regarding the wearing of armbands for those employed on guard duties but certainly in the case of the Lagerwache formed up for inspection and orders here it appears to be a plain white armband. The date would be pre-1937 because the Jungbanne 1/79 Peine and 2/79 Hildesheim had separated by August 1937 but are clearly still combined at this point. Does anyone have anything similiar? I'm assuming that this wasn't the only unit to do this.

Amyway, this doesn't really bring us any further with the armband at hand so olease post that picture when you get it Doug
              Attached Files

Comment

closer:
                Attached Files

Comment

Oh, hang on I did have another couple after all so how about some black armbands this time?

This one is dated 1934 but black armbands covering the swastika? I wonder what was going on here?
                  Attached Files

Comment

another from the same group:
                    Attached Files

Comment

On the black armbands and the date I would guess they were being worn in mourning for the death of President Hindenburg?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Ah, of course. Thanks Adrian

Comment

Thanks for the input gents. I'll try and snap a photo of it tomorrow and see if I can't post it, or at the very least, send it to one of you to post up for me. It's a nice armband, and again, certainly not one that I've ever come across before. I'll try and drop it in tomorrow at some point. Happy New Year!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X