NSDAP party numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP party numbers

Does anyone know of a resource that lists (even if only an approximation) what NSDAP party membership numbers were issued during any given year?

I don't know of any current source material. You would have to research in the archives:

http://www.archives.gov/research/cap...ized.html#nazi
    https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Hello If you happen to have the SS officers list. It lists the SS # and his party #. You might be able to use that info to figure out what your interested in. If your looking for a specific number you might get lucky. Kirby

Comment

I've been noting numbers for decades and can tell you approxiamtly when a number was issued. However, you must be aware that odd things happened. Older numbers were "gifted" to newer, polically/socially connected members as favors and older SA members who had not been NSDAP members sometimes were given a vacated older number. Also, in some Orts the local leadership had pocketed entarnce monies for years and when the Brown House/ Hess's staff eventaully caught up with them, sometimes older, vacated numbers were awarded to those who could prove they'd paid their dues, sometimes not.
        I have seen numbers like 12x,xxx given to special people as late as 1940!

Comment

Keep in mind that there were 8+ million NSDAP members. That would fill a lot of books (200,000 pages @ 40 to the page - that's slightly bigger than a Stephen King novel ).

Some period books will give you an idea of the ranges of numbers issued each year, like the NSDAP Yearbook or Partei-Statistik, but I don't know of any source that puts it all into a table.

Re-issued numbers were relatively rare - usually someone petitioning to be reinstated to an earlier number, which might or might not be available due to others also petitioning to get back to the front of the line.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X