Oberste SA Fuhrung cufftitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oberste SA Fuhrung cufftitle

I dont know much abut these but comparing this one to ones ive seen in books it looks wrong, or am i?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

There are no shots of the rear which maybe a give away perhaps..
      Attached Files

Comment

The Carmine Background Color Of This Cufftitle Is A Dead Give Away That This Is A Fake. The Period Cufftitle Color Base Was Salmon Colored.
        Attached Files

Comment

This was in the display area at the Max Show a few years ago. It might show the color next to the red armbands.
          Attached Files

Comment

Is there any proove this title ever introduced? I never found any proove myself or any picture in wear.

Klaas

Comment

What about the stitching also? seems as though the letters are joined up somewhat..

Comment

Wrong one.Sorry to say.
                Seiler

Comment

Originally posted by Klaas B. View Post
                  Is there any proove this title ever introduced? I never found any proove myself or any picture in wear.

Klaas
                  KLAAS-
                  THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN RAISED BEFORE. ONE OF THE CONFUSING ASPECTS OF THIS CUFFTITLE WAS THE INTRODUCTION OF THE CARMINE BACKED FAKE CUFFTITLE MANY YEARS AGO. I ALSO HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTERED A PHOTO OF THIS CUFFTITLE IN WEAR. HOWEVER, THE OSAF WAS A SMALL ORGANIZATION. I WOULD QUESTION HOW MANY SETS OF COLLAR TABS HAVE BEEN ENCOUNTERED OR EVEN SEEN IN PHOTOGRAPHS OR FOUND IN COLLECTIONS. I HAVE OWNED TWO OSAF UNIFORMS, BOTH WITH PROPER INSIGNIA AND THE CUFFTITLES. LIKELY, THE WEAR OF THIS INSIGNIA WAS HALTED DURING THE WAR. ALL BUT A CUFFCUFFFEW EXAMPLES I HAVE SEEN OVER THE YEAR ARE UNISSUED WITH TWO R Z M LABELS. MOST LIKELY, THESE WERE TAKEN FROM THE STORES OF THE REICHSZUGMEISTEREI IN MUNICH BY OCCUPYING TROOPS.
                  DAVID FULLER, WHO WROTE A FAIRLY COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON SA INSIGNIA YEARS AGO. TOLD ME HE ENCOUNTERED TWO PHOTOS IN THE U. S. NATIONAL ARCHIVES OF S A MEN FROM THE OSAF WEARING THIS CUFFTITLE.
                  Last edited by Bob Coleman; 12-18-2007, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Hi Guys. I would like to ask a question about the cuffband pictured above.

How long ago were these fakes manufactured? I have owned one for some
                    time, always understanding that it is a fake, but it passes the 'burn' test,
                    so contains no nylon fibres, and the lettering seen form the back is in my
                    view better than that on originals I have seen on the web.

Comment

To The Best Of My Knowledge, There Has Only Been One Generation Of Fake Cufftitles Produced. These Date Back Over Twenty Years. I Am Sorry To Not Be More Precise But I Did Not Keep Track Of The Year Fakes First Appeared.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X