No announcement yet.

SA Officer Tunic, Pants, Belt and Kepi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all of the nice comments guys.

Mark,
    Like most of my tunics, this one is way too small to even think about trying it on.

Laurens,
    Good observation on the gold button. The cap and tunic were owned by the same man, but I think the cap was made a bit earlier than the tunic. The tunic reflects the change to silver buttons that came in 1941, same year that the tunic is dated.

Doug

Comment

Great set! Can you shoot some closeups of the cap?
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

SA Uniform

Some observations:
        1. Unless it's the camera, the color appears to be more EMERALD than STEEL
        GREEN. Steel Green is much darker, I think. It is possibly NORDMARK.
        Either way, the below observations still apply:
        2. Collar tab piping is for SA enlisted. It should be gold twisted cord (probably
        celophan).
        3. In 1941, when all the buttons changed to silver, that same order changed
        these shoulder boards to white celophan on top, not yellow. The pips would
        be silver, and the collar tab lace would be white with a brown stripe.
        4. If the tunic was worn in late 1938 - 1940, your yellow shoulder boards
        would be correct, but the tunic buttons should be gold, and the collar would
        ALSO have gold twist piping. The pips would be gold, and the collar tab lace
        would be white with a black stripe.
        5. KEPI-
        With the (1941) tunic and silver buttons, the kepi should have SILVER twist
        cord piping on cap top, and a silver button.
        For a 1938-1940 tunic with gold buttons, the cap is correct.
        This may be the same guy's kepi, but a wool kepi was usually worn with the
        tunic, not cotton.
        I realize that uniform changes are transitional, and sometimes, the wearer hadn't changed everything. However, there are enough discrepancies to make me question whether the whole ensemble was put together. This is reinforced even more by the fact that the shoulder board base color matches the collar tabs. The green color of the shoulder board base indicates Jager, Mountain, or Rifle SA. Was this really one of these units, or was someone trying to match the collar tabs? Was Sturm 21/Standarte 1 really a Jager, Mountain, or Rifle unit? Uniform exceptions occur, but I have to question this whole scenario. This can be confusing, but I can elaborate further if you like.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X