HJ Cloth Patch Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Cloth Patch Help

I just found this HJ cloth patch. It is 3 7/8 by 2 inches and I would like to know if it is genuine or repro. On the back is remains of a paper label. There are 4 corner snaps sewn on. Is this normal? Would it have any value?
    Attached Files

Back side
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Corner snaps can be found on original cloth diamonds so they aren't a worry. The rest of this patch is though The main worry is the awful and atypical stitching/construction - completely wrong for the large HJ cloth diamonds.

If this is a period patch then it is surely home-made. Did you find it on a dealer's site? That material almost looks, I don't know, rubberised? I'm thinking unofficial patch for a BDM swimming cap for some strange reason... It would make sense as nothing else does with this patch

What is the dealer's sales pitch? Or did you pick this one up by another means?
      Last edited by Schmusi; 11-17-2007, 06:28 PM.

Comment

I picked this patch up along with 2 genuine NASDAP arm bands at a local flea market. Does the backing paper indicate anything?

Comment

The bottom word seems to be Fernseh(-er or -en).. (Television or to watch television). I imagine that a piece of newspaper got stuck to the patch at some point.

Comment

Hello,
            is the stitching through the newspaper or is the paper stuck over the stitching?
            Definately say's fernseher or fernsehen.
            Lee

Comment

The stitching is through the paper. The patch is made of several small pieces sewn together.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X