Adol Hitler street sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adol Hitler street sign

Hello, I have seen this sign offered by a dealer. What do you think? I see the back to much "new".

Mike
    Attached Files

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

Detail.
      Attached Files

Comment

My opinion.......not a real one!

Comment

The red flag for me would be the letter form, which does not correspond to the writing at that time. Plus the reverse side looks like new (what it obviously is)

Comment

...so what is a real one worth these days?

Originally posted by ivbaust View Post
            The red flag for me would be the letter form, which does not correspond to the writing at that time. Plus the reverse side looks like new (what it obviously is)
            So what is a real one worth these days? Just curious. Likewise if done with a red background and white script almost raised lettering.
            sigpic
            .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Originally posted by ivbaust View Post
              I think I have to revise my statement regarding the letter forms. I found in a German Militaria Forum threads with pictures of street signs from this time with such a writing. The letter form could be possibly ok.
              Attached Files

Comment

another one - but the letters are a little bit different; note the letter "f" of "t". Look different than the ones on the street sign in question.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally I thought the letters should look like these
                  Attached Files

Comment

I cannot say if that one is bad or not, but the back does look very clean. I do know that they are certainly faked nowadays.

I did see a nice one at a local auction about 2 years ago and that made about £200 then.

I have never seen a red & white one before Ben, so I cannot help on that one.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I Believe Your Sign Has Indications Of Being Proper To The Period. The Broken Enamel At The Corner Is Typical Damage That Occured When The Signs Were Ripped Down. Secondly, It Appears To Have Black Rust At The Corners, Which Is An Indication Of Old Damage. Here Are A Few Of Mine For Comparison.
                      Attached Files

Comment

THIS SIGN WAS IN MINT CONDITION WHEN I OUGHT IT. THE BACK IN SIMILAR CONDITION TO THE SIGN THAT STARTED THIS THREAD. THE FRONTAL DAMAGE OCCURED FROM ROLLER IN THE POSTAL SERVICE AND POOR PACKING. I OPENED THE PARCEL TO BE GREATED BY A GREAT AMOUNT OF BROKEN ENAMEL
                        Attached Files

Comment

A Sign That Was Roughly Removed Resulting In Both Metal And Enamel Losses. Note The Blackening Of The Metal.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
                            A Sign That Was Roughly Removed Resulting In Both Metal And Enamel Losses. Note The Blackening Of The Metal.
                            The fakers also usually "rust" the corners
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
                              The fakers also usually "rust" the corners
                              VERY TRUE. HOWEVER, NOTE THE RED COLOR OF THE RUST ON THE SIGN YOU HAVE POSTED. STEEL MADE BEFORE THE 1970'S HAD A FAR HIGHER CONTENT OF ZINC AND NICKLE. WHEN RUSTING OCCURS ON OLD STEEL, IT BLACKENS WITH AGE. MODERN STEEL REDDENS AND CORRODES AND EVENTUALLY DESTROYS THE MATERIAL. THE SAME FORM OF RED RUST IS FOUND ON REPRODUCTION HELMET WIRE BASKETS.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X