earliest party books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

earliest party books?

I was looking to compare my party book with some of the earliest ones seen out there. Can anyone provide anecdotal or photographic examples of early NSDAP membership books.

thanks.

I collect this sort of material. The earliest I have is a 1929 Edition. However,I do have a members card from 1927. Sadly I cannot post pictures.

My later books are the 1939 editions - and I have seen none later than this. I do have cards from 1944 tho.

Comment

mem book

Most of the early ones I've seen are indeed from the late 1920's. However, I recently picked one up from Oct 1923 (albeit not in great condition) and wanted to compare it with others from the period.

Comment

I am impressed - - -that is indeed a real find because I believe they were made from card - - - lacking the hard back cover.

Comment

The earliest ones I have are the 1927 Ausgaben, which were (I believe) the first editions printed after the reorganization of the party and the assigning of 'new' membership numbers. I saw images of the 1923 edition that you picked up--that's the only super early one I've seen. I've seen early membership cards, but never a booklet like that one.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Is there anything in particular you are looking for to compare? Perhaps I can help.

The earliest NSDAP Mitgliedsbuch I have in my collection is a 1927 edition, issued on 27.January 1928 to NSDAP member and Golden Party badge recipient #45,562. This book is hand signed by F.X. Schwarz.

I also have several editions from 1931 (one is Mitgliedsnummer #5,229) 1932 (Mitgliedsnummer and GPB recipient #332), 1933, 1935, 1939 (one of which is a second issue book to GPB recipient #25,534).

Rob

Comment

@Rob, I was just curious to compare any changes across the early versions and also interested in seeing what the stamps looked liked from this period as this one doesn't have any.

I posted photos in another thread some time back but here are pictures again.

Comment

inside page

here's the inside page.

btw Erich...what is the "1927 Ausgaben"? thanks.

Comment

Now if you only had the GPBs to go with these books! Very nice ard rare pieces guys!

Comment

Originally posted by entasis View Post
                    @Rob, I was just curious to compare any changes across the early versions and also interested in seeing what the stamps looked liked from this period as this one doesn't have any.

I posted photos in another thread some time back but here are pictures again.

Nice! I must admit that this is the first time I have seen a NSDAP Mitgliedsbuch of this type. Sorry, but I don't have anything this early in my collection to compare and contrast. Thanks for posting these pictures.

Rob

Comment

thank you for the comments.

If anyone can help me translate the name or other personal information I would appreciate it.

Below is a partial shot of a stamp page with some writing (the lower half is a negative image to facilitate viewing). Erich B. has translated it as "Keine Marken erhalten" meaning 'no stamps received'.

btw, I was told that this memb. book was photographed prior to my purchase for possible publication in a book. don't know much beyond that.

Comment

[QUOTE=entasis;2283846]here's the inside page.

btw Erich...what is the "1927 Ausgaben"? thanks.

"Ausgaben"= editions
                        The earliest ones I've got are the 1927 editions.
                        Erich
                        Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X