Hj/dj Armband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hj/dj Armband?

Hey guys, I posted this in my collection forum and got some positve comments and questions about this armband. how common are these? It is 5 inches by 3 inches tall. Any comments welcome. Thank you.
    Attached Files

dj

More pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Dj

Inside
      Attached Files

Comment

Dj

close up
        Attached Files

Comment

Dj

Multi-construction
          Attached Files

Comment

The D J Did Not Have An Authorized Armband. They Wore A Sig Rune Patch On Their Sleeve. Although The Pattern Of Your Armband Is Based On The H J Model, I Am Afraid It Is A Fantasy Item.

Comment

DJ armband

How about this from previous discussion in 2005? ???? confusing Photo was borrowed from previous post in 05.
              Attached Files

Comment

well the photo certainly adds some uncertainty to this post although something about the armband on the photo looks odd,
                cant understand if these did exist how all the big books on the hj missed them can understand one or two but there is no record that i am aware of ,of this armband in any reference book
                stu

Comment

This is an HJ-DJ armband for Holland. As far as original? it looks good from the photos, but 20 years ago a whole bunch of printed ones showed up that were debated with some saying to be fake - again they were printed.

Hope this helps
                  Paul

Comment

re: dj band

This arm band is multi piece constructed with the same weave as other armbands in my collection? The white has a different weave than the rest as other ones do also. thanks to all that have replied!!

Comment

HJ Variants

Early in the history of the HJ/DJ organizations, much variation from the official and many early, hand-made insignias were employed by the youth. Until standardization occurred in the 1934 to 1936 period, many unusual and non-conforming pieces were made and worn.
                      One must not be too quick to tag these items as good or bad until SEVERAL collectors have had a chance to hand them.
                      JMO,
                      Ron Weinand

Comment

Dj

Thank you to all that have posted. It does not glow and is NOT printed and is multi pieced.

Comment

I agree with Ron's sentiment. I'd love to see an undisputed photo of one of these armbands in wear because at the moment I have my difficulties with them.

Comment

Look at page 298 of Littlejohn's HJ book and there is a photo of this armband in wear. It was for Flanders I was wrong about Holland.

Paul

Comment

re pic!

Hello sir, I dont have that book. Could you please post it or send a picture of it to my email and i will post it! thank you once again!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X