Fakes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fakes???

Ok I found these on one of the many sites I tend to shop around on. For some reason the one on the right is throwing the BIG RED FLAG in my face. It loos to clean to be authentic. The one on the left well thats an eh in my book. I am thinking if some one presented them to me I would tell them to run. Is my suspicions correct?

Cheers
    Brian
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Genuine

The Badge to the left is 100% original without a doubt, correct pin assemblies & backplates, perfect period enamel, swastika touching the outer circle lines (as it should, many fakes do not they have a gap). The HJ one has just been cleaned and of course this makes it appear "new" and from my perspective it certainly depreciates the value losing it's patina.
      Regards Martin

Comment

Well I do not like the HJ badge. In my opinion it is a copy.

Comment

I agree with Dan, the H.J. is definitely a fake, these M1/4's with an over large pin plate have been doing the rounds for quite some time. There's also a fake SS members badge which has the same reverse set up & markings.

I also agree with Martin re the Luxembourg Heim ins Reich badge, a nice period piece.

Cheers
          Don

Comment

I agree with Dan and Don. I don't like the HJ Badge.

Regards, Theo
            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I also have agree with the others on the HJ badge fonts used are not very good and the finish has that oily appearance found on todays fakes.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X