Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Armband w/RZM Tag

Hello,
    I am interested in the armband on the estand "HJ Armband w/RZM Tag". It is entirly printed, no sewn parts. Is that typical of this type?
    Thank you,
    Chris

Hello yes its normal. I just didnt like the tag beeing stapeled on or the D on the lable of a printed band.

Comment

Ah, printed HJ armbands.... Well, you'll find some that like them and many that don't. As far as I am aware there is no clear-cut evidence which speaks for, or indeed against, the authenticity of printed armbands. Because of this lack of evidence either way it comes down to how you personally feel about them. The 'safe' option though is always to go for multi-part construction.

Comment

I agree. I think that there are original printed bands but would stay away from them.

Comment

Well…

I would rather have the Martin Bormann White Tunic, but the armband is a little more in my price range. I am attracted to it, and if it is possibly good, I am inclined to believe it is.

Beauty: truly in the eye of the beholder…

Thank you very much for your help. I could not find one like it in previous posts.
          Best regards,
          Chris
          Egret

Comment

These have been talked about on here befor. I think its good and at a fair price.

Comment

In The Past, I Have Been A Non Believer In These Bands Being Period. However, In Retrospect, I Do Know That Foreign Hitler Youth Units Such As Hungarian And Ukranian Had Their Own Distinctive Printed Armbands. It Is Possible That These Printed Versions Were Worn By Occupied Countries Close To The Reich Who Wore The H J Uniform In It's Entirety. A Complicating Issue With The Printed Armbands Is That Reproduction Printed Armbands Wee Offered In The Mid To Late 60's By A Known Purveyor And Mass Seller Of Poor Reproduction Printed Sloth Items. Fantasy S S Unit Flags Still Appear Two Or Three Times A Year On This Forum. Is It Real Or A 45 Year Old Fake?

Comment

I Have Since Looked At The Armband Being Discussed And Will Only Add This. A " D " Code R Z M Tag Is Too High For A Printed Item. I Would Expect Nothing Hire Than A " B " Code. I Will Say That I Do Not Believe The R Z M Tag And This Armband Started Out Life Together. The Rest Is Up To The Buyer To Decide.

Comment

That "D" RZM tag is the same style that is on some SA shoulder boards, something that was more expensive than an armband. Also all of mine are glued on not stapled.

Comment

Hj

Interesting....

I see armbands typically have B tags. The tags sort of a tax stamp, higher letters for higher retail values?

I do not suppose any one has a B tag they would like to trade for a D (with two small holes)…

Chris
                    Egret

Comment

Hello the letters indicate the level of construction. Like a thee piece or four piece and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Egret View Post
                        Interesting....

I see armbands typically have B tags. The tags sort of a tax stamp, higher letters for higher retail values?

I do not suppose any one has a B tag they would like to trade for a D (with two small holes)…

Chris
                        Egret
                        CHRIS-
                        IT IS EVIDENT THAT WHAT IS A QUESTIONABLE ARMBAND HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH BY THE ADDITION OF A NON APPROPRIATE R Z M TAG. DOES NOT THIS POST A RED FLAG IN YOUR MIND? MOST LIKELY A PRINTED CLOTH INSIGNIA WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY HAD AN
                        A LABEL. WHY KEEP IT AND NOT OPT TO FIND A NICE THREE PIECE CONSTRUCTION THAT IS UNQUESTIONABLE? HOWEVER, IF YOU LIKE IT, THIS IS NOT MY DECISION TO MAKE.

Comment

HJ_Armband

Hello,
                          I will take your collective advice. Seller cheerfully refunded, item had not yet shipped. I will keep eyes peeled for an HJ with matching tag.
                          Thank you for your help,
                          Chris
                          Egret

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X