Rare NSDAP Collar Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare NSDAP Collar Tab

Hello Does anyone know what this tab would be for. What kind of value would it have?. It's a single tab. It's in a friends collection. Thanks Kirby
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

This Tab Design Is For The Supreme Judge Of The Nazi Party. Only Two Men Held This Rank. At One Time, I Had An Example Of This Tab In My Collection. The Detail Work On The Posted Example Lacks The Detail On Two Known Original Examples I Have Seen. Also Note The Lack Of Squarness To The Swastika. I Have Serious Concerns With This Piece Being Original To The 3rd Reich Period.

Comment

Hello Bob Thanks for your information. Another member sent me a pm that Bill Shea at the Ruptured Duck has one. The swastika has the same lack of squairness. The tabs looks the same to me. Thanks again Kirby

Comment

I have to agree with Kirby. I have seen at least 5 Party Court Reichsleiter tabs and have scans of almost everyone. All have the same "off set" swastika. In my opinion the tab above is genuine. The tab on the ruptured Duck Website came from the collection of Pete Bilheimer and is absolutely authentic. As stated above, it too has the same flawed swastika.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Costa View Post
            I have to agree with Kirby. I have seen at least 5 Party Court Reichsleiter tabs and have scans of almost everyone. All have the same "off set" swastika. In my opinion the tab above is genuine. The tab on the ruptured Duck Website came from the collection of Pete Bilheimer and is absolutely authentic. As stated above, it too has the same flawed swastika.

Mark
            MARK-
            INTERESTING OBSERVATION. IT SEEMED ODD TO ME THAT A COLLAR TAB FOR SUCH A PRESTIGIOUS POSITION WOULD BE ACCEPTED WITH THIS FLAW. HOWEVER, WE ALL KNOW THERE ARE MANY EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE WHEN COLLECTING ITEMS FROM THIS ERA. SOMETIMES, AS COLLECTORS, WE HAVE A TENDENCY TO OVER ANALYZE AN ITEM.

Comment

Bob:

After looking at both the tab above and the former Bilheimer tab on Ruptured Duck I am wondering if the one above is not its match !!! They are so close in almost everything that it could be the other half to a pair !! Its very possible as there weren't too many of these made thats for sure !!

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Costa View Post
                Bob:

After looking at both the tab above and the former Bilheimer tab on Ruptured Duck I am wondering if the one above is not its match !!! They are so close in almost everything that it could be the other half to a pair !! Its very possible as there weren't too many of these made thats for sure !!

Mark

THAT WOULD BE ONE RARE PAIR OF COLLAR TABS IF PUT TOGETHER.

Comment

If you go to the Marschalsbaton website http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/Framepage.htm, then click on "German High Ranks" and scroll down just past the Viktor Lutze grouping, you will see a collar tab labeled "Der Oberste Richter Der Partei Reichsleiter". This appears to be a similar tab but it has definite differences.

Below the tab is a pic from Walter Buch's photo album that I loaned Mike. There are several other pics in my album of him wearing these rare tabs.
                  Ammersee JC...no, the loss is yours.
                  Last edited by Ammersee; 10-15-2007, 09:04 PM. Reason: fix url

Comment

Hello Thanks for all the info on the tab. I'm going to have my friend contact Bill Shea about the tab. It would be nice to see them in a collection as a set. He says it's a vet aquired item. I would love to have it but doesn't really fit my collection. Kirby

Comment

mine was vet aquired

I purchased one of these from a vet in the late 70's. From the same guy came a RL armband and a GL collar tab. All were mint condition. I had no idea what I had back then and sold them all to one dealer for about $250-300. sad

Comment

SUPER PIECE!

Appears to be 100% correct!

Your friend has a nice jewel in his collection!

Thanks for sharing,
                        Howard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X