Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dan,

Great tabs!

Brigade 52 (Koblenz-Trier) was from Gruppe Westmark, and was the former Untergruppe Koblenz. The Gruppestab tab and this Brigadestab tab are 99,9% certain from the same man, who was transfered from the Brigadestab to a Gruppen Stab-function. Can you please tell me wich colour the Br.52 has exactly?

The colour-piping of the loose Sturmführer tab seems to green/red? If so it would be Untergruppe Nordmark.

Best,

Laurens

Comment

Bob,

Thanks so much for the information. Again, these are insignia pieces brought back by my father. Where and how he received them is the unknown but I am slowly tracking down these items from where the German units were stationed/deployed. My ultimate goal is to find where the insignia was taken during his trek across France into Germany and finally up to the Czech border town near Plauen.

Laurens,

Thank you as well for the information. The Br 52 tab is Chocolate Brown with white stitching. The Sturmführer tab seems to be more brown/red but my eyes could be playing tricks on me. Koblenz - Trier would make perfect sense as the 345th Inf fought through and eradicated the Nazi's from Koblenz.

Here is an excerpt from my father's diary. The 345th "I" Co crossed the Mossel and then attacked Koblenz (my dad wrote it Coblenz). There is a little humor after all the battles and once they cleared the city that they found large wine cellars, Champagne, and quite honestly lived it up - or as he says - finally slept very well! Should you have a hard time reading from this scan I can interpret if you want. The excerpt is from the week March 18, 1945
      Attached Files
      Last edited by KC1; 10-12-2007, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Dan-
        Your Father's Diary Is A Great Companion To This Thread. My Thanks To Laurens For The Proper Identification On The Brigade 52 Tabs. I Looked At The Images Again And I Still Thought They Were Black. A Good Point When Judging Internet Photos. Colors And Textures Cannot Always Be Accurately Judged Just From An Image.
        Thanks Again For Sharing Your Family History With Us.

Comment

Bob,

Over the last couple of years or so, I have truly enjoyed the investigative aspect of how, where, who, and when of my fathers encounters during WWII. It has been an exhilarating ride to say the least. Because of WAF forum members knowledge and expertise, I have been able to cross reference dates of my fathers moves during the war with the insignia he brought back. Forum members have been tremendously helpful in identifying many of the German insignia and placing their deployment during the war; such as Laurens has done with the BR.52 tab. The diary has been extremely helpful as has the 87th Acorn Division, 345th Inf "I" Co. history book and the remaining members of "I" Co. that I correspond with.

I now have provenance to 50% of the insignia he brought back bit still more to uncover. Thanks to you, Laurens and the many other members - I am having huge successes and having the time of my life doing this!!!

Many thanks!

Comment

Hi Dan,

Glad I can help you with your father's bring back items. Great history!

Best,

Laurens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X