Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA patch

Hello evryone,

I have a pic of a SA and on his left arm he his wearing a patch, does anyone know whats this patch stands for?
    Thank you in advance

If I'm not mistaken it is the badge worn by former members of the Freikorps Ritter von Epp.

Comment

The Man In The Picture Is Not S A But A Member Of The N S K K. This Is Apparent From The Dark Collar And The N S K K Eagle On His Kepi. The S;eeve Diamond Is A First Pattern Drivers Badge.

Comment

You Are Correct Bob!

Comment

Of Interest In This Photo Is That The Man Is Also Wearing A Sturmabteilung Buckle. Most Likely, He Is A Former Motor S A Mann.

Comment

oops, missed the cap badge. Had only opened the bottom photo to look at the sleeve patch.

Bob is of course correct that this guy is nskk

Comment

Ernst-
              I Did The Same Thing! I Just Wanted To Look At The Overall Shot As The Image Was Too Blurry To Determine Blown Up.

Comment

But wasn't the NSKK a part of the SA?

Comment

This is the hole pic the man on the left is my grandfather and that woman and other man who was with the NSKK are the people with who he lived with when he was a student in Karlsrue.
                  Me grandfather whas was a Oberfeldwebel had the iron cross 2nd classe and 1st klasse as also a SA sportabzeichen, he died in Smolensk Russia on 01/08/41 he was part of the 1./J.E.Btl. 109 that was a part of 35 infanterie division. If you want a pic of me grandfather with his brothers just let me know, and if there is smeone who knows more of the unit where he served with please help me.

Last edited by oberfeldwebel; 09-28-2007, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oberfeldwebel View Post
                    But wasn't the NSKK a part of the SA?

THE N S K K PRIOR TO THE NIGHT OF THE LONG KNIVES WAS A SMALL GROUP AFFILIATED WITH BUT NOT A PART OF THE S A. FOLLOWING THE PURGE, A REORGANIZATION OF THE S A TOOK PLACE. BY 1936, THE MOTOR S A UNITS HAD BEEN ASSIMILATED IN TO THE N S K K, WHICH NOW WAS AN INDEPENDENT ORGANIZATION. THE KEPI INSIGNIA WORN BY THE MAN IN QUESTION WOULD INDICATE THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN AFTER THE N S K K BECAME INDEPENDENT.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X