Please identify this Siver Platter.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please identify this Siver Platter.....

Trying to work a deal on this, but I am lost as to actual value and identity...Any help? Thanks
    Attached Files

platter

Attached Files

Comment

platter

Attached Files

Comment

platter.....

////////////////////
        Attached Files

Comment

The RK stands for Reichs Kanzlei--it's a serving tray or platter used at the Chancellery.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Just for info, the platter is silverplate. The 120 indicates the thickness of the plate. This is relatively heavy with 90 being typical for general use items. The amount of plating would be determined by the use and expected wear.

The maker, Wellner, also produced holloware for Hitler in the same pattern but with an AH monogram.

Comment

I recently came across a similar platter. RK, Wellner 82 with a serial of 156585. Does anyone have an idea what these platters run for? I am trying to convince a friend who has this in storage to take care of it, but first I have to show her its worth. Her father brought this piece back and all that is known is he fought in the battle of the bulge in an unknown unit. I believe the RK pieces were only used in the Reich’s chancellery. Is this correct?

Comment

yes.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X