RAD Oberfeldmeister tunic..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAD Oberfeldmeister tunic..

From an ad i placed about a month a go..RAD officers tunic, came only with party pin and ribbon bar, i have played around and put a few items on to approximate a wartime look for this tunic

The tunic was produced in Regensburg, and is named to an Oberfeldmeister Gerhard Weiss i believe..tunic is nice all around and shows that there are still items to be found out of the woodwork out there..!

The RAD is not my strongpoint, however,i am eager to learn!..would love to find a rank chart or someplace to learn how to interpret the numbers on the sleeve shields!..
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Doug,

as a RAD collector im thrilled when members post their RAD items and especially in this case as this is a awesome tunic!as for your questions,the unit shield 171/2 stands for 2nd battalion (abteilung) of group (gruppe) 171 -this group was part of arbeitsgau XVII Niedersachen-Mitte (headquarters in Bremen)-your man was a company grade officer (middle ranking officers-mittlere fuhrer,L.T's-Capt.) and with the rank of oberfeldmeister would have possibly (according to regulations the battalion commander is suppose to be a oberstfeldmester but i own a number of RAD officer document groupings showing the men serving as abteilung commanders while being oberfeldmeisters) been the battalion comander (2nd battalion)-with these pre war units it is safe to say they were stationed/worked in their region (arbeitsgau XVII) it was during the war years that regardless of what region they were from they were sent all over the place.if you have any more questions i would be glad to help!
              Last edited by Radcollector; 09-12-2007, 08:28 AM.

Comment

BTW if you have the time could you add the tunic to a thread ive started on RAD tunics-im trying to put as many examples as i can in one thread to use as a referance for forum members http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=RAD+tunics also could you post pics of the underside of the collars (i would like the see the stitching and is the party armband original to the tunic?

Comment

Yancy..thank you, your information was most informative!..the tunic was (unfortunately ..) all that could be salvaged from an estate that included the cap, belt, dagger and paperwork..there is some speculation that they were left in a garbage bag in a closet when the house was sold, so they may still be out there somewhere..a shame really..

I will take some better pics for the other thread, and yes, the armband is original to the tunic, and is completely sewn all the way around, unlike most SA armbands i see on tunics..the tunic's brown tricot quality is very nice..top grade, and the armband is also a high quality private purchase item it seems..top quality items befitting a man of his grade!

..as an aside,in the other thread, there is a tunic with a BULAG overstamping? from my research into the volksturmm, Bulag took all manner of tunics and converted them for wartime use, overstamping original maker marks etc..the first RAD tunic i ever owned had been used as such and had the shadow of a signal blitz and a trapezoid breast eagle on it..
                  Last edited by Doug Kenwright; 09-12-2007, 07:50 AM.

Comment

"the tunic was (unfortunately ..) all that could be salvaged from an estate that included the cap, belt, dagger and paperwork..there is some speculation that they were left in a garbage bag in a closet when the house was sold, so they may still be out there somewhere..a shame really"

dohhhh im not crying i just have something in my eye!! ...

Comment

another note Doug,your officer was not one on my list of middle ranking officers .I keep an ongoing list of RAD officers since there is none that is known to exist-(besides generals!)another one added!BTW if anyone has any info regarding RAD officers even if it is just a name and abteilung such as this case please PM me!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X