Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with photo.

Hi

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me what branch these men belong to.
    I am guessing that the pic was taken early-mid 1930s.
    Looks like an automobile on the railcar to the right.
    Forerunner to the NSKK perhaps?

Cheers
    Larry
    Attached Files

Seems more to be Reichswehr car drivers Cie ? (based on headgear of the mann in the middle of the pic => visor with oakleaf wreath and the "Litzen" on the collars).
    Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
    - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

I think those are policemen. Vol. 1 of Angolia/Taylor's "Uniforms, Organization & History of the German Police" has several photos of policemen wearing this type of leather uniform with the two-breasted jackets and crash helmets.

Comment

Hi
        I think those are Stahlhelm members.
        Cheers

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your answers.
          Here's a closer look. I think they may have been drivers but for what?

Cheers,
          Larry
          Attached Files

Comment

Based on the visor cap, the collar tabs and buckles, I'd agree it looks like Reichswehr, perhaps a motorcycle or rail specialized unit (related to the train station locale and the vehicle on the track.)

What does the vehicle sign say at the lower right of the image?
            Last edited by paulj; 09-14-2007, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulj View Post
              Based on the visor cap, the collar tabs and buckles, I'd agree it looks like Reichswehr, perhaps a motorcycle or rail specialized unit (related to the train station locale and the vehicle on the track.)

My bet is Reichswehr too. I've not seen this pattern uniform before either in person or in photos. I'm wondering if its a prototype for kradmelders (dispatch riders). Rare photo you have there!

Cheers, Bill Huber

Comment

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the input. The uniform they are wearing isn't like anything I have seen either. The pants look like they are made of leather. The tunics look shiney too. Leather perhaps?

Cheers,
                Larry

Comment

Note The Large Case Worn By These Men. The Uniforms Certainly Appear To Be Leather. I Agree They Are Reichswehr And Likely Dispatch Riders.

Comment

Ref:help With Pics

I Would Definitly Say That They Were Motorcyle Dispatch Riders Judging By The Crash Helmets And Padded Gloves.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X