Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK portrait photo

Hi

Can someone tell me what the ribbons this NSKK Truppfuhrer is wearing represent. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
    Larry
    Attached Files

The Ribbon In The Button Hole Is For The Kreigsverdienst Kreuz, 2nd Class. I Doubt If Anyone Can Give You An Opinion On The Unusual Mounting In The Breast Pocket Without A Better Blown Up View.

Comment

The long ribbon appears to be the War Service Cross and the pocket could be Social Welfare. It has a wide red center and white edges - maybe he was a driver for Red Cross at some point or otherwise served in a capacity that would have warranted that award.

Comment

Hi

Thankyou both for the help.
        Was the left pocket the usual place for a Social welfare ribbon?

Cheers,
        Larry

Comment

Larry-
          It Is Quite Odd To See Any Medal Ribbon Mounted In That Location. Early S A Men Were Known To Wear Their Ek 2 Ribbon In This Location. The Only Known Prescribed Mounting Of A Ribbon To An Upper Breast Pocket I Know Of Is The Blood Order.

Comment

Thanks Bob. I also thought it was a strange place to put a ribbon. Other than the Blood Order ribbon I can't recall seeing any other award ribbons worn there. Obviously a non-standard practice. Cheers Larry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X