B D M Wimples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B D M Wimples

I Was Going Through Some Old Photos And Came Across Pictures Of These Wonderful B D M Wimpels
    Attached Files

Note The Intricate Embroidery. This Is An Untergau Wimpel For Sangerhausen
    Attached Files

Comment

This Is A J M Untergauwimpel
      Attached Files

Comment

This Is From Friedland In The Sudetanland
        Attached Files

Comment

Bob great "wimpels" !
          Do you also own a HJ Bannfahne please ?
          Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
          - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Yes, those Wimpel really are wonderful. I think I may have had a dream (or 10) about owning one of these

Comment

Just came in for another drool over these Wimpel

Also wanted to add a little info on the JM-Untergau number Bob. I should have seen it first time around but better late than never. I have Bann 615 as Gablonz on my lists and this Bann happened to be in a group of numbers I checked against the Bundesarchiv records a while back and I was able to confirm that Bann 615 is indeed Gablonz. The SHAEF list shows 614 Gablonz and 615 Friedland so it looks like the original compiler accidentally transposed Friedland and Gablonz - an easy mistake to make as everything was obviously done by hand and without the searchable databases to which we have access today The official RJF list for 1937 also has one particular Bann number listed twice and with two completely different names so the Germans were not perfect either.

So, your wonderful Wimpel is from JM-Untergau 615 Gablonz with the other no less wonderful Wimpel being from, as you said, Sangershausen.

edited as what I had originally written would only have made sense to me
              Last edited by Schmusi; 09-09-2007, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Schmusi-
                Thank You For Your , As Usual, Informative Information. When Your Reference Becomes Available, Please Put Me On The List For A Copy. Living In Europe, You Certainly Have Better Access To Period Reference Over Allied Information That Is Now 62+ Years Old.

Comment

Beautiful

I used to own an example of the BDM and JM wimpels. They are beautiful and difficult to find. I will have to go through my files at work and see what numbers were on them. Almost wants to get me back into HJ collecting

Kurt Barickman

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X