Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Party badge

Hi guys,

Just new on this forum, well, actually I signed in some while ago but never posted anything. So finally I got a question! I bought this NSDAP Party badge yesterday from a non-collector. He guaranteed me it was an original piece, and if it wasn´t, I could trade it back. So what do you guys think? Fake or original?
    It's not clear on the pictures, but the maker is: "M1/5" (Walter Simon from Dresden.)

Pictures:

Thanks in advance!

Greets,
    Ivo.
    Last edited by Ivo Wilms; 08-23-2007, 08:02 AM.

looks strange to me, never seen one like that.

Comment

Hi

Well welcome to the forum, Ivo.

The badge is a strange one, that I would not like to comment on. My first impression was that it is a fake, but after looking at it again, I am not too sure.

Absolutely no help at all, but welcome anyway

Best wishes

Raymond

Comment

Das Reich militaria has sold one like this recently, stated as glass variant, Toby is normally on the ball so possibly this is a good one..

Comment

It is a genuine period piece - - - well worth adding to your collection. You may however have to pay a small premium when purchasing.

Comment

Ivo
            If you look in the NSDAP data base (Pinned in the Tinnies & Political Badges Forum) if my memory serves me correctly you will find one maybe two of these badges that is almost identical to yours. So at this time I would not rule out 100% that it is a bad badge. You might want to post it in that forum as well

Cheers
            Brian

Comment

Hi, beauty emblem, more never like an equal one, for me would pass for original! welcome, Carlos

Comment

There are so many things wrong with this badge, unless someone has good evidence it is period I'd say outrageous fake.
                • First of all, the glass-like finish is unlike any enamel I've seen. I've never seen another maker use this technique.
                • The "O" in "SOZIALISTISCHE" is oval, not round as RZM badges should be.
                • The finish isn't silver, as should be.
                • The pinplate is unlike period badges.
                • The pin is too long.
                • The RZM mark at 10 o'clock is almost unreadable.
                • The RZM number is incompletely stamped - the "5" is so light it's unreadable
                • The RZM number is on the pinplate - never seen that before.
                • The RZM number is stamped in and not raised as should be.
                • The RZM standardized badges, and this is anything but standard.
                Aside from that, it's fine .

Personally, I don't care who has sold one like it when determining originality. The badge has to speak for itself, and I think this one speaks 21st Century Polish.
                Last edited by sjl; 08-29-2007, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I agree with Stephen. If it didn't have the RZM marks I may have given it the benifit of a doubt as it could have been an early piece. However not with those markings, sorry.

Cheers
                  Don

Comment

I did not see the RZM marks when I first looked and I am very sorry for this oversight - - - however - - I do believe that badges made from this material and with this pin assembley can be genuine period made pieces.

They are seldom encountered, I think I have seen about three/four over the years, therefore you may well have to pay a premium - pehaps this is what has attracted the attention of the fakers !

Comment

I don`t like it.Sorry.
                      Karl

Comment

I also agree with the others here that don't like this badge for the same reasons stated by Stephen and after taking a closer look at the M1/ mark I see that it's not a /5 but a /52 and I looked though the database and found this example of a authentic badge made by M1/52 Deschler & Sohn.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have my doubts about this one too, but what to think of this kind of glossy enamel? I mean: have some of you guy's taked a look at the badge which is for sale on Bill Shea's site? The "variant Party Badge" made by Schanes?

Regards, Theo
                          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I looked at Bill Shea's badge (http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPa...edals/m222.htm) and it looks like a good Austrian sympathizer badge. The enamel on Bill's badge is transparent, but the enamel itself is coloured red. The badge at the top of this thread has clear glass over a coloured base, like a mood ring. You also don't see the underlying metal base showing through the enamel on the letters or borders as it should, whereas you do see it on Bill's Austrian badge.

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffe blue View Post
                              Das Reich militaria has sold one like this recently, stated as glass variant, Toby is normally on the ball so possibly this is a good one..
                              I would have replied to this thread earlier but I have been away on holiday and only just noticed it.

LB is correct that I did recently sell a badge similar to the one in question. However, there are a few differences between mine and the one above, including (importantly IMHO) the absence of any RZM marks on the badge I sold. Had mine had any RZM marks I certainly would not have bought it. As it is, it resembles closely a badge I bought several years ago which I believe was / is genuine. Furthermore, the pin is shorter and the metal different.

If anyone wishes to view the badge I sold it is still listed on my site. I would welcome futher discussion of this and should it transpire that the concensus is the badge I sold is either contentious or an outright fake, I will contact the buyer and advise him of the situation and of course offer a refund.

I would stress that I do my utmost to avoid any traffic with fake pieces. Of course we are all susceptible to mistakes from time to time, even Detlev.

Anyway, as mentioned, I would be interested to hear thoughts on my badge.

All the best,
                              Toby.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X