Wagner Kreissieger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks don
    that would explain why i have never seen one i missunderstood colin`s post that he had a 39 brehmer.
    on the bright side thats one off the wants list
    thanks again
    stu

Comment

This Thread!

Wow Guys! While reading this Thread, I stopped in the middle and grabbed my magnifing glass and took a long look at my Brehmer 38! Talk about being Inspired. All the best, Butch

Comment

Don - with all due respect relative to the 1939 Brehmer 1939 Kreis badge - You state that Brehmer did not make any 39 Kreis badges but farmed them all out to the other makers - Records show that there were over 40,000 - 1939 Kreis badges awarded in addition 6,600 Gau and 508 Reichs - I beleive that Brehmer did manufacture some of the 39 Kreis badges , dont think they would let all that business get away from them -
        Would really like to see your basis for stating that they did not manufacture ANY 39 Kreissieger badges -

gauost

Comment

The information is from an old friend of mine who knew an old Gentlemen who worked in the offices at Brehmer. The sheer number of badges required (as you say around 40,000, along with other contracts that Brehmer already had) meant that they were unable to produce the numbers needed time.

Cheers
          Don
          Last edited by Don Scowen; 09-25-2007, 11:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Don - Many thanks for your responce - and I dont doubt the source information but I cant for the life of me believe that Brehmer would only do 17% of the Sieger badges(even with other contracts) and let over 80% get away - I would have to have more than word of mouth to make a believer out of me - I spent over 25 yrs in Germany and started collecting 44+ years ago and have see some very nice 39 Brehmer Kreis badges.
            Overall there were 150,000 Siegerabzeichen awarded from 1934 to 1939 records fail after 39 ,and I would say that Brehmer was the main manufacturer barring a small % - I for one , unless I had proper documentation to the contrary, would not completely eliminate Brehmer from having produced 1939 Kreis badges.

Regards
            gauost

Comment

Indeed we are all entitled to our own opinions & beliefs. I only wish the parties I spoke of before were still alive as I have so many questions........

If you do come across an original '39 Brehmer let me know as I'll happily buy it, all the ones I've come across in my years of collecting have been fakes.

Cheers
              Don

Comment

Originally posted by Don Scowen View Post
                Brehmer never made a '39 Kreis level badge.

Due to the high numbers of participants for that year the company were unable to produce the required number of badges. Therefore the Kreis was contracted out to the other companies while Brehmer concentrated on producing the Gau & Reichs level of the award.

Cheers
                Don
                Don is absolutely right here. Brehmer did not make any Kreissieger badges during 1939.

KR
                Pascal

Comment

Pascal - how do you know this, throught period documentation??
                  Please let us all in on your source.
                  Regards
                  gauost

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X