Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book from Mauthausen - Guzen Concentration Camp Information Please

Guys,
    I dont know if this is the right section to post this but I`ll try anyway. I recently found this book in my library and was going to post it on estand, but decided to do some research on the ink stamp. The stamp is from Ortsgruppe Guzen. In doing some research I found out Guzen was a subcamp of Mauthausen concentration camp. My question is, does anyone know if there was a library in the camp and could this book possibly have come from the camp?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Book

Second Stamp
    Attached Files

Comment

Book

Cover of book
      Attached Files

Comment

As this book is stamped by the ortsgruppe Guzen it would be rather from the library of the NSDAP Ortsgruppe of Guzen. The stamp for itself is a typical NSDAP stamp, when for the KL Guzen it should have anything SS related stamp in it. And I dont think that there was a library in a KL cause as we all know, the guys went there not for reading or studying...

Comment

Book

I know it wouldn`t be read by any of the prisoners, I was refering to a library for the personal of the camps. Would this had to have had an SS stamp if it were in the camp library, or could this have just belonged to a person with ortsgruppe Guzen. I also can`t seem to locate Guzen on any map. Was this indeed a town?

Comment

Hi,
            I dont' think is of the KL nor of a town library, it's a standart NSDAP Ortsgruppe stamp, only for use for the NSDAP formation members (PL, SA, NSKK,...) in the Ortsgruppe.
            I think it could be Güßen, or Güsen, found a town in Sachsen Anhalt.
            Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
            - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Yes it´s a standard political propaganda book which was available in any NSDAP ortsgruppe for the members of it I think. As a "good" political leader you sure had to read this kind of books.

Comment

Book

Thanks guys. Always appreciate the help

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X