NSKOV Pin. RZM Maker Mark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKOV Pin. RZM Maker Mark?

I just picked up an NSKOV pin at a local shop. Probably not something I would have bought online but I can't resist local buys. I never paid much and it's a neat little item in good shape. I don't have a picture right now but it's a well know pin. It has an Iron Cross with a sword going up through it and and swaz in the middle of the Iron Cross. It is circled by wreaths on either side in an oval shape, wih a tinny style pin on the back. No doubt common but if not let me know. My question is the marks on the back. It has the RZM logo, which I know is a trade mark type deal and also the mark M1 with 52 under it. I believe this is a maker's mark. If so who is the maker this mark represents? Any other info on NSKOV, which I believe to be a veterans organization will be much appreciated also. Thanks, Steve

The small NSKOV pin is a bit of an oddity in the RZM world. The NSKOV wasn't technically under the RZM, but one maker (M1/52 - Deschler) made a batch with their RZM number, probably in error when the RZM system started in 1935. They also made them with just the maker name on the back and no RZM, so it looks like they corrected it shortly afterward.

Comment

Thanks. Deschler eh? Does this make these pins more desirable or no different than the others? After they corrected it what did the mark say, just Deschler written out?

Comment

Deschler is known for their quality pins, but these are relatively common. I pay a slight premium for some makers, but I don't think there's a lot of difference in these little pins.

Comment

I believe that Deschler were the only maker of these pins (they are also found unmarked, in that case the maker is unknown, possibly still Deschler?). As Stephen correctly states below, they come with either the full name or RZM mark, but always stamped in, not raised.

Cheers
          Don

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. This is not my area but I like to have as much info on my items as I can. Ironically enough, last week I bought an NSKOV cap eagle as I have a small collection of metal uniform and cap eagles. I also have one of the blue armbands with this same symbol. A small collection without even trying.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X