NSDAP Enameled Iron Sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Enameled Iron Sign

I'm ashamed to admit it, but my German is pretty weak. I could probably find the train station, buy something to eat, and get a hotel room... but I am sure that would be largely through the good will and patience of others. Spanish - passable, Dutch - a work in progress, German - not so much.

So, if anyone can help me with a translation of this sign that I picked up last year, I would very much appreciate it! It is a bit damaged on the corners but looks nice otherwise.

Thanks!!
    Attached Files

here is the little stamp at the bottom
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jeff,
      Very nice sign! It says that the establishment has permission from the RZM of the NSDAP to sell (party organization) Uniforms, Equipment, and Insignia. There are several types of RZM signs.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Erich s right - its a sign for an RZM-authorized retail shop.

Comment

Thanks very much guys!

I was fairly sure of it, but one unfamiliar word here or there can completely change things.

This is one of my great failings in life - not taking every possible language class that I could back when I had more brain cells to spare.

Had a fun time at the MAX show years ago when a fellow American asked Helmut Weitze to double-check his translation of a document, badge, or some such thing. Helmet glanced at it and told him exactly what it said... then the guy starts to argue with him. "No, my German is pretty good and I think it means something else." Helmut looked him dead in the eye and said "Well, I am speaking German fairly well these days myself."

The guy did not have a clue who he was speaking to - everyone within earshot got a big laugh out of the deal.

Comment

Hello Shenkursk

I am looking for such enameled sign.
            maybe you want to sell it?
            Best regards

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Shrader View Post
              I'm ashamed to admit it, but my German is pretty weak. I could probably find the train station, buy something to eat, and get a hotel room... but I am sure that would be largely through the good will and patience of others. Spanish - passable, Dutch - a work in progress, German - not so much.

So, if anyone can help me with a translation of this sign that I picked up last year, I would very much appreciate it! It is a bit damaged on the corners but looks nice otherwise.

Thanks!!
              hello Shenkursk

I am looking for this enameled RZM sign.
              Maybe is it to sell?

Best regards
              Philippe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X