Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK item?

Hi, I need again a little help...

Somebody has he already saw this kind of item please?
    And of course, if yes.... what is it please.
    I think it's without doubt a period item, but don't know for what it was used...

Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
    - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

back ( the sponsor )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 08-04-2007, 11:40 AM.

Comment

the front roughly reads, "NSKK Traffic Emergency Service"

can you post a picture of this next to an identifiable object so we might get an idea as to its scale..

Comment

These first came up for sale around 8 or 9 years ago, mostly on Manion's but also at shows. There are a couple of different designs, but all for the NSKK. I haven't handled one, so I don't know for sure if they're okay or not, but they weren't very expensive when they hit the market. At first they went for $150 to $225 but after the first year they were down to the $30 to $45 level. I haven't seen very many of them recently.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by TxGauleiter View Post
          the front roughly reads, "NSKK Traffic Emergency Service"

can you post a picture of this next to an identifiable object so we might get an idea as to its scale..
          In addition to this given translation, the word in red is "call" as in to place a call. Seems like some kind of tag telling someone they need to call the NSKK traffic emergency service. Odd that there would be no supplied phone number on the tag. Perhaps in that day and time you just knew where to call?
          Richard V

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
            Odd that there would be no supplied phone number on the tag. Perhaps in that day and time you just knew where to call?
            Richard V
            Perhaps in case of use of this tag, the phone number was added for calling the next NSKK service.
            My 2 cts theory would be that this tag was attached to the broken down cars found on the roadside, so that it's seen that the problem is treated by a qualified organization.
            Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 08-16-2007, 03:31 AM.

Comment

more info about the little tag ?
              Here with a pic of an interesting panel...NSKK phone box.
              Attached Files

Comment

A similar one in use on a period pic.
                Perhaps there was a direct line to the NSKK service.
                Attached Files

Comment

Quite A Unique Item That Becomes More Interesting With A Period Photograph Of It In Use. First Time I Have Encountered One Of These.

Comment

Hi
                    A similar one in use on a period pic.
                    Perhaps there was a direct line to the NSKK service.
                    Attached Images
                    very nice pic
                    Cheers

Comment

Just been on a visit to the DRK museum in Nürnberg where they had one of these plaques on display. I asked the curator about them, apparently when the ambulance system was first set up, not every town could have an ambulance in their town (not enough money, vehicles etc).

So a system of phone lines were established for towns that did not have an ambulance linking directly to the nearest town with an ambulance station based there. This was the plaque put by the telephone stand/box.

Here's the one in the museum.

Cheers
                      Don
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Don Scowen,
                        this was the road-sign of the NSKK-Verkehrshilfsdienst (VHD). His name was "Hinweistaffel der NSKK-Verkehrshildienst" and appears last on the Strassenverkehrsordnung 1943. It was put before a house who have a phone and so you call gratis this NSKK service who knows the help you needs : ambulance, fire service, police...
                        There was one or two of this road-sign all the 8-11 kilometers on every main road of Germany during 1938-45. Every NSKK Sturm (company) had a "Sachbeartbeiter Va" which was commander of the local VHD... At the Standarte (regiment) level there was a VHD Zonenführer.
                        You can see this was not an uncommon plaque!
                        Sorry for my poor english
                        Cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X