No announcement yet.

Lot of insignia NSKK RAD Org Todt SA/SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And last but not least a shot of the entire group, as i dont collect insignia i would like some opinions on authenticity and on price, I dont want top dollar just a fair price to put then on the E-stand if there found to be authentic, I bought the group looking for the 40 year service cross as it comes with some very nice documents to a diplomat and of course the SS tab which is the wire version thats heavily mothed possibly foxed most definately badgered and very squashed but real.
    Many thanks in advance for any help recieved now time for that beer
    James
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jambobbyb; 07-26-2007, 07:10 PM.

Comment

I Do Not See Any Red Flags With Any Of The Items. All Appear To Be Genuine, Period Articles.

Comment

Can't speak for the medals or cloth, but the badges are all fine originals. There seems to be a little confusion regarding these Blue Division badges, see here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=blue+division but personally I don't have any problems with them
        Cheers
        Don
        Last edited by Don Scowen; 07-27-2007, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Good morning guys, Many thanks for all the replys and interest in this little lot, I may as well come out and say it loud i love bent cheating dealers and E-Bay! i bought this lot from a young student guy in nottingham freind of a freind sort of thing, He had taken them to his local militaria shop who had informed him the lot were fake and worth in the region of £50 and E-Bay had booted them in under half an hour
          And no i didnt take his pants down on them,

Comment

Unfortunately it's a familiar story

Comment

Hi Don i just cant see how any of them sleep at night if thats what there offering, My local guy now long retired was the king of this, Every saturday the local militaria guys got together in his shop drank his tea and had a laugh at some of his genuine vet bring backs, One particular saturday a little old lady walked in carrying a tesco carrier bag, stumped up to the counter and pulled out a chained SS and said whats this worth, The second it came out of the bag and was placed on the counter you could hear the cogs turning in everyones heads how much can i lay my hands on and how much can i get for a kidney, She sold it him for £100 and as the door closed behind her the bidding began, Very sad indeed

Comment

Originally posted by jambobbyb View Post
                Hi Don i just cant see how any of them sleep at night if thats what there offering, My local guy now long retired was the king of this, Every saturday the local militaria guys got together in his shop drank his tea and had a laugh at some of his genuine vet bring backs, One particular saturday a little old lady walked in carrying a tesco carrier bag, stumped up to the counter and pulled out a chained SS and said whats this worth, The second it came out of the bag and was placed on the counter you could hear the cogs turning in everyones heads how much can i lay my hands on and how much can i get for a kidney, She sold it him for £100 and as the door closed behind her the bidding began, Very sad indeed
                hi jim that just remanded me of a dealer clown. that had a shop in Sheffield. did the same thing to an old man that came into his shop. but his son told the dealer wear to stick it

Comment

Hey up jimmy are you perchance talking about the legendary Terry of JM? Only met him a few times but was always a nice guy to deal with.
                  Ps how come your not in the pub at this time has it burnt down?

Comment

While it looks authentic, it doesn't match any of the "official" Org. Todt armbands documented so far. The lettering matches an armband in Angolia, German Army V.3, pg. 622, but I haven't seen any with a number on it like this. There was an armband in the 1943-44 regs that had numbers on it for non-German volunteers who hadn't sworn an oath to the Fuhrer, but it only had the initials O.T. above them.

Comment

Could you show some photos of the NSKK pin, front and back please?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X