S A Obergruppenfuhrer Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S A Obergruppenfuhrer Uniform

Seeing Bob Hritz's Car Pennant From The Film Office Of Gau Westphalia North, I Thought It Would Be Fun To See A Uniform That Belonged To The Gauleiter Of That Gau, Alfred Julius Meyer. Meyer, As Did Most Gauleiters, Held An Honorary Rank Of Obergruppenfuhrer In The S A. This Tunic Along With A Pair Of Named Matching Breeches Was Bought By Early And Well Known Collector Bob Moses, Back In The Mid 60's At The Columbus, Ohio, Gun Show From A Veteran Walk-in. The Piece Went Unresearched Until I Bought It Back In 2001. At That Time, The Idea Of Matching The Name Meyer With The Tunic Was An Impossible Task.the Power Of The Internet Put A Face And History Behind The Name In The Tunic. Meyer Was Also The #2 Man In The Government General In Poland. He Also Was Alfred Rosenberg's Representative At The Wansee Conference. Meyer Commited Suicide In April, 1945
    Attached Files

Right Collar Tab
    Attached Files

Comment

Left Collar Tab
      Attached Files

Comment

Shoulder Board
        Attached Files

Comment

Although Not Meyer's Medals, The Badges On The Tunic Represent What Would Have Been Worn.
          Attached Files

Comment

Munster Tailor's Label. Munster Was The Seat Of Government For Gau Westphalia North
            Attached Files

Comment

I remember this tunic and being green with envy that I could not get it because it was being held for you. That is probably the nicest SA tunic I ever saw and one for which I have lusted.

Sadly, my only SA 4 pocket tunic is a lowly major on the staff of Westphalia.

Bob Hritz
              Attached Files
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Insignia detail.

Bob Hritz
                Attached Files

Comment

Bob, that is probably the nicest bullion work I have ever seen on those tabs.

Don

Comment

[quote=Bob Hritz;2073479]I remember this tunic and being green with envy that I could not get it because it was being held for you. That is probably the nicest SA tunic I ever saw and one for which I have lusted.

Sadly, my only SA 4 pocket tunic is a lowly major on the staff of Westphalia.

Bob Hritz[/quote
                    BOB-
                    YOUR STAFF TUNIC IS NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF. IF YOU REMEMBER, THE MEYER UNIFORM HAD BEEN ON HOLD FOR SEVEN WEEKS WHILE ONE OF THE GLAMOUR DEALERS TRIED TO FIND A PRESALE,

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                      Bob, that is probably the nicest bullion work I have ever seen on those tabs.

Don
                      DON-
                      SOME DAY, I WILL FIND A PICTURE OF MEYER WEARING THIS TUNIC WITH THESE VERY DISTINCTIVE TABS.

Comment

Great tunics! I had that Wf tunic, or an identical one, on approval for a few days a long time ago, and passed on it, believe it or not! I wouldn't make that mistake twice!
                        Erich
                        Festina lente!

Comment

Hello Erich,

I bought it from Kent Berg a number of years ago. I fell in love with it immediately.

Bob Hritz

Comment

great lookin tunics,both of them!

Comment

Is this the man Bob? looks like hes in an SA uniform here..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X