• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coburg

I had this one till a few months ago
    Attached Files

Comment

You should have kept it. They're getting almost impossible to find!

Comment

Collector's Guild just got one in, but apparently was claimed immediately:

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Polit...s/N018559.html

Comment

Both types of the award are very rare. When one comes onto the market it's usually the RZM type. The type one badge is very very rare as it was the one that was actually awarded.

Comment

Coburg Badge

Erich,

Your badge is very nice indeed. These first types often have repaired hardware as the original pins and catches were quite flimsy.

Although they are considered rare, I have seen several for sale over the past 5 years and Helmut Weitze had both styles on his website for over a year before they eventually sold. The asking price was around €3500.

I have always assumed that they were made by Deschler as that would be logical and my view was reinforced last week when I saw a prototype made by Deschler which was in gold with ivory- coloured enamel.

Stan

Comment

Stan, I would love to see that special Coburg badge you speak of. No one knows who these special badges were awarded to but I'm pretty sure Hitler would have received one IMO. David Littljohn was said to have had one in his collection. Best, Erich

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                Stan, I would love to see that special Coburg badge you speak of. No one knows who these special badges were awarded to but I'm pretty sure Hitler would have received one IMO. David Littljohn was said to have had one in his collection. Best, Erich
                Erich,

The prototype which Weitze had last week was in a set with other prototypes made by Deschler for consideration and included:- Knight's Cross of the War merit Cross; Reichskultursenat badge; Coburg Badge in gold and ivory-coloured enamel (but a slightly different design to the approved version) ; a Mother's Cross and one or two others.

The badge which David Littlejohn had is the standard design but in silver with a red enamel swastika and incredibly beautiful. From what I can remember when I examined it, the silver sword is attached seperately. I believe it was given to Bormann's brother (or so the story goes).

Stan

Comment

May I say the silver Coburge is a Stan has described, BUT, and BUT again, the designe is different. The pedigree is as Stan has said, Bormans brother. This is possibly the rarest award of the Third RIECH. The quality of the pieces is just stunning.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X