SA Brownshirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tab

PS: When I gave my pal this blank tab, it didn't have the piping on it. That was his, and he sewed it on so the strands look seamless. Pretty good job, if you ask me!! He was the best restoration guy I ever knew. He passed away a few months ago.

Comment

I have no problem with the braunhemd that started this thread. The collar tabs appear to be original and of an earlier variety. I have seen several period portrait photos of SA members wearing shirts with machined sewn tabs. It was not the norm but was certainly done. Also, the piping looks original and has a rayon blend as Erich has already mentioned.

Comment

I also like it,the thread holding it on looks original as well as how its sewn on,slightly sloppy,looks liek an old job,also if you look closer the piping seems old/dirty in a few spots.this fake piping came out en masse only in recent years ,the posted shirt is fine in my opinion.Machine sewn tabs are not unheard of,but yes 90% are post war machine done,every one on Weitzes or European dealers tend to have machine sewn insignia.

Comment

Piping

I will defer to the other experts, as I didn't know such piping existed. It looked much shinier than other piping I've seen, and it's considerably more frayed than most original piping, which does NOT fray easily. I do agree on the attachment thread they used looking OK. The fact that the manner in which it's attached looks original is a good sign, but an experienced hand-sewer could duplicate that fairly easily. I'm still not convinced the collar piping is real, but I haven't seen every brownshirt ever made, so it would be foolish of me to INSIST it's not OK.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X