1929 Nurnberg Badge With RZM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1929 Nurnberg Badge With RZM

Since you liked my friend Mike's Cased Nurnberg Award so much, he would like to know how you like his 1929 Badge with a RZM.

Comments and opinions appreciated.

Front View:

RonR

Reverse:

RonR

Comment

RZM Closer:

RonR

Comment

Though there are several things that look good on this badge, there are several things that don't. One is the last 9 in 1929 which appears to close to the edge. The other is the swastica in the helmet. It just doesn't look like the real examples I have seen. The third issue is the RZM mark. I can't recall an RZM marked example in all of the originals I have seen. However the RZM mark looks like it is an added "sticker" of sorts to this badge and is not a stamped part of it. This means the RZM mark could have been added at any time. The last is the fact that the eagles head looks much different than the known examples I have seen. I"d be interested in the input of some other members as well because if you don't compare it to others, it looks very good.
        Richard V

Comment

Nurnberg 1929

Hello Ron,
          I believe the piece is period, post 1936 when the 1929 Rally piece became recognised as an official NSDAP award, the first actually.As for the blue RZM.. well I cannot answer but from what I see the badge conforms to other examples I have seen .I own a stamped silver piece with the RZM and M1/15 stamped in.I would certainly NOT discount this there are things we do not know as yet in this game.So in IMHO thums up!

Comment

I believe this piece to be a good one from the period when it was elevated to a decoration from the party, not a day badge of the original type. I have seen some tinnies with the paper RZM sticker before that were from a veteran origin and would have been from the early, initial RZM formation period and was a way of conforming to new RZM standards with remaining stock. As a transition piece and a party decoration this is one of the more scarce types of the 1929 badge.
            PS: Thanks Ron R. for the wonderful evening we spent looking at your great collection and being able to see some of my old motel buy acquistions from years gone bye. It was a great relief while my wife was in the hospital. Too bad I couldn't talk you into trading some of those goodies.
            Ron Weinand
            Weinand Militaria

Comment

RZM logo & M/1, M/9 etc...

Hello.
              I hear what you're saying about the paper sticker. But I was wondering if all metal type pins, badges, etc that are RZM marked (raised or stamped) should also be maker marked ? Or vise versa ? Wouldn't they always generally be found together ? And of course ? this would always be after 1934 ? Thanks, John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X