"Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn" Youth Proficiency Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn" Youth Proficiency Badge

I have had this badge in my collection for some time now and thought I would share it with the members of this forum:

Youth Proficiency Badge as awarded by the "Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn" (Association of German People in Hungary).

The badge is the same as the regular HJ Proficiency badge but for a couple of points: the swastika is mobile and the inscription reads; "Fuer Leistungen in der D.J.". Of note DJ does not refer to the Deutsche Jungvolk but instead to the "Deutsche Jugend". The name used by several Youth Movements outside of the Reich.

The badge is numbered to the reverse, 1557.

David Littlejohn shows badge #1029 in his book "Orders, Decorations, Medals and Badges of the Third Reich: Volume 2" and makes mention of another example in the Budapest museum (#428).

Anyone else have one?

Thanks for looking.

All the best,
    Toby.
    Attached Files

Very interesting. Never saw this before. Thanks for sharing.

Regards, Theo
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Yes very nice and interesting. dou you know if this came in differnt class like the german hj and the danich one regards tomas

Comment

Tomas, Theo - Glad you both like it.

@ Tomas - I'm not aware of any other grade being awarded. At least no mention is made in the Littlejohn book.

Best,
        Toby.

PS I realise that I posted this badge in the wrong forum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X