Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nsfk Badge & Booklet

Hello Fellow Members,

I need your help. I have had this set for sometime now, but Iwould like some detailed information on what I have. The booklet is 80 pages and appears to be an organizational list of the NSFK, with regulations and definitions. The badge is relatively heavy and extremely detailed.

Can you help me with some information of what these items are? How rare are they, and if possible, an approximate value?

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

no 2
    Attached Files

Comment

no 3
      Attached Files

Comment

no 4
        Attached Files

Comment

no 5
          Attached Files

Comment

no 6
            Attached Files

Comment

no 7
              Attached Files

Comment

Last one

Booklet has no rips or tears...darn near mint

Thanks for your opinions
                Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone offer me any help with this one?

Comment

The Badge Is For An N S F K Air Sports Competition In 1940. You Are Correct That The Book Is The Standard N S F K Member's Organization Book.

Comment

Hello,
                      Bob or anyone, I was wondering if you can provide more information regarding the badge shown. I thought I had read on one of the forums that these badges,particularly the 1940 one shown was a fantasy badge. If not mistaken there are a number of NSFK badges floating around in collections and I have heard information regarding authenticity of them and that some might be authentic while others are produced post war. I would appreciate any info regarding the badge shown or any info on enamelled NSFK badges in general
                      Thanks
                      Duzig(Bill)

Comment

I Cannot Answer You With Regards To This Badge Being Fantasy Or Not. I Do Know That A European Dealer Who Is Known For Dealing In Questionable Material Enmasse Showed Up With Vast Amounts Of Various N S F K Flight Meet Badges. The Runor Was That Original Unfinished Back Plates Were Found Along With Original Metal Icarrus Devices. It Was Also Rumored That The Enamel Work And Assembly Was Done In Eastern Europe. As Far As I Know, The Afore Said Badges Are Difficult To Tell From Period Examples. This Is What I Have Heard. The Badge And Medal Area Is Not A Field Of Expertise For Me.

Comment

Hello again,
                          Bob thanks much for your reply. I had heard the same thing about these badges thus my question regarding them. The 1940 badge in particular I remember someone saying that it would be very unlikely that in 1940 an international flight race would be taking place,although I would imagine that would not be so strange among axis countries perhaps. Again I thank you for your reply and was just wondering if there was new information or information about these items that I had not heard about previously.
                          regards,
                          Duzig(Bill)

Comment

Hello Bob & Bill,

I appreciate your feedback on this grouping. Concerning the question as to the plausibility of an air competition in 1940, with Germany reaching it's zenith of power an dominance over Western Europe, and the Allies subdued, I believe the party would have had a competition for no other reason but to gloat. This my very well have taken place with neutral and axis nations, it's logical. And I have seen NSFK table awards from the same year as well.

As to the concern of it's nature of real or fantasy, I have seen some rather large dealers with them in their inventory. I have just found two of this example at georgejohnsmilitaria.com & snyderstreasures.com. While this does not offer an absolute to it's origin, I can tell you that the workmanship to my piece is nothing short of amazing. I can count the toes and darn near nails on the feet of Icarus. This to me would be consistent with quality of the period.
                            Last edited by Flugzeug; 06-18-2007, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Hello again all,
                              Flugzeug I also have one of these badges and that was why I inquired about it too. The idea that in 1940 an international event among axis countries as you say is certainly not out of the realm of possibility. I have heard as Bob said that perhaps these were assembled post war using original icarus devices etc and was just wondering if there someone knew something new or definitive regarding these badges. And Yes, I agree the details are extremely good on these badges,they seem to be very well made. As far as snyders treasures and georgejohns militaria go, I have done business with neither of them but I believe,at least snyders has a very bad reputation for selling many many questionable items. Georgejohns site does carry quite a few items including a number of enamelled badges that are considered questionable by some and some that are considered outright fakes by others so I don't know how reputable a dealer he is either. I have seen,not this badge in particular but a few other enamelled badges on well respected sites in the past so I agree with you that they do show up on respected dealer sites too.
                              Duzig(Bill)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X