2 NSDAP long service medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 NSDAP long service medals

I received this as a trade item. I would appreciate your comments as to originality.

more pics to come.

High quality Parade Mount: Nickel or chrome plated steel, two piece, attached by tabs, missing the felt back covering, front of ribbons are cotton padded, they pass the black light test.

Comment

15 Yr Medal: 3 pc construction, silver plated tombac, approx 43.8 x 43.7 x 7.8 mm, 32.9 gm, dark blue translucent enamel through which you can see the textured field below.

Comment

Side view: 3 pc construction

Side view: 3 pc construction

Comment

hallmark on ring

the ring is hallmarked but the maker code is not readable even with strong magnification

Comment

10 yr medal: obv

10 Yr Medal: 2 pc construction, bronze plated zinc, 43.0 x 43.2 x 8.5 mm, 39.1 gm, light greenish white surface corrosion on the obverse, one spot on the reverse

Comment

2 pc construction

side view: 8.5 mm thick

Comment

excellent picture taking,

how do you get the pure white background?

Comment

I can't see anything wrong with the 15 year. I'm not very familiar with the bronze class. So other opinons are needed.

Regards, Theo
                  Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Both look fine to me.

Comment

white bg

thank you for the two opinions. I guess I'll make the trade.

As for the white BG: shoot against a white translucent backlit background. your lightmeter will never give a correct reading - the backlight somehow provides more light to the front of the item and you have to adjust the f stop by trial and error. It can be a technique that's more trouble than it's worth. Its always easier shooting against a subtly textured and colored background.

Comment

re f stops

Oh, I forgot to mention: use your lightmeter to make sure the variable intensity backlit white background reads 2 f-stops more than the object.
                        If it doesn't, your background will come out a dirty light grey.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X