No announcement yet.

Hitler Youth leader visor cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello This was at the last SOS. I think he was asking around 8000-8500 for the cap and tunic.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
      Hello This was at the last SOS. I think he was asking around 8000-8500 for the cap and tunic.

Was that one of Burmeisters? Gorgeous piece, but I doubt it will sell at that price.

BTW, here is a color pic of an HJ leader wearing his visor--the color is pretty well washed out:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

so what would everyone consider a fair price for one of these hats.i know i said price is irrelavant as long as you are happy paying it, but meaning the one on craigs site is the first ive seen and it was apparently on another site for a lot cheaper im curious as to what everyone thinks a realistic price is
        stu

Comment

Stuart: Thanks for the compliment on the hat - I do agree - best I've seen ever. I'm also just curious - has nothing to do with THIS hat in particular - what is the definition of a "fair price." To me (and I am NOT trying to be adversarial here), that term has no objective meaning to me. Even "market" price has no objective meaning to me, unless you define the market. Just throwing this philosophy question out for general commentary, being the philosophy-minded person that I am.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
            Was that one of Burmeisters? Gorgeous piece, but I doubt it will sell at that price.

BTW, here is a color pic of an HJ leader wearing his visor--the color is pretty well washed out:
            Nice "Gefolgschaftführer" (3 pips on the shoulder board ?) pic, and on this uniform of course, we have the matshing visor and tunic.
            Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
            - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
              Cap and tunic are not matching, it's a "Bannführer" (colonel) level cap (black velvet band)
              Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 06-11-2009, 01:42 AM.
              Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
              - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
                Stuart: Thanks for the compliment on the hat - I do agree - best I've seen ever. I'm also just curious - has nothing to do with THIS hat in particular - what is the definition of a "fair price." To me (and I am NOT trying to be adversarial here), that term has no objective meaning to me. Even "market" price has no objective meaning to me, unless you define the market. Just throwing this philosophy question out for general commentary, being the philosophy-minded person that I am.
                I remember in the 70's when a single decal FJ helmet was bringing $250.00 and thought that was rather pricey. If I could get good ones today for that I would sing yes Jesus loves me, light my minora and continually rub fat Buddas belly.
                Prices are relative. If you want to own a real piece of history and the price is out of reach then you start saving up. That is part of the hobby also. Or you might be lucky and find one at a yard sale for $10.00 That is another part of the hobby that is a lot of fun. Todays high prices for rare items are tommorows bargains if you can find the item. It is all realtive.

Comment

I just recently obtained this HJ Leaders Visor, and have posted detailed pix in the headgear section:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

STONEMINT-
                    THAT IS ONE OF THE FINEST EXAMPLES OF THE SENIOR HJ LEADER VISOR CAP. A PERFECT FIT IN TO YOUR COLLECTION.

Comment

Thanks, Bob--Derek id'ed the RZM Hersteller as an obscure Breslau maker--this hat was probably stockpiled somewhere in the Allied sector during the war.
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X