Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Youth leader visor cap

Hi

Can anyone tell me what a Hitler youth leaders visor cap sells for? If you can find a good one. I have been out of the collecting loop for a few years.

Thanks Joe Semen

There Are Various Models Of Hitler Youth Leader Visor Cap. Which Style Are You Seeking A Price On?

Comment

Gottlieb has one right now...

http://www.craiggottlieb.com/data/in...rman+Militaria

Comment

Bill Shea has a black-velvet one for sale right now as well.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Yes , I know that but are they fair market price?

Thanks Joe Semen

Comment

Joe,
            It is extremely hard to put a "fair market price" on an item that rarely turns up for sale. Every cap I have encountered sold between $3-4K.

Comment

Yes , thanks for the info.

Joe Semen

Comment

Hello,
                take a look on : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=220046
                Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
                - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Check out the GDC Uniforms forum (SA and Political Uniforms Forum)--there is a White-top Gebietsfuhrer Visor that is pictured, which I will leave to others to comment upon....
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I Have Never Seen A Period Picture Of A White HJ Leader Uniform. That Is Not To Say That It Does Not Exist. Possibly A Special Uniform Was Created For The Trip To Japan. I Do Not Like The Eagle Mark In The Top Of The Hat Which Is Known To Be Used On Late 1970's Fakes. I Do Not Want To Pan This Hat Completely Without Seeing More Details Of The Interior Construction. However, At This Point, I Have Serious Doubts As To It's Authenticity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
                      I Have Never Seen A Period Picture Of A White HJ Leader Uniform. That Is Not To Say That It Does Not Exist. Possibly A Special Uniform Was Created For The Trip To Japan. I Do Not Like The Eagle Mark In The Top Of The Hat Which Is Known To Be Used On Late 1970's Fakes. I Do Not Want To Pan This Hat Completely Without Seeing More Details Of The Interior Construction. However, At This Point, I Have Serious Doubts As To It's Authenticity.

Hello Bob,
                      finely analyzed !
                      Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
                      - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Craig and Bill are known for rather exciting prices, on everything. I wouldn't call what they ask norm market value or price.

Comment

I'm certainly know for pushing the limit with regard to pricing, but Mark - not on all things. I just, for example, sold a mint conditioned SS NCO Degen for $2995 - quite a good price if you ask me. I just sold two panzer wrappers at what some panzer collectors would consider to be quite "fair" (whatever that means). So, If you look at my website, some things are "over" priced and some are "under" priced. You will usually find that my "overpriced" items are usually either ultra-rare, or in top-top-top condition, or in high demand. If for example I had a Waffen SS Officer visor on my website, I would overprice it, since it is nearly impossible today to achieve, even as a dealer, a really nice, original example. If I got a Veteran's association cap, it'd be priced to move. My repeat customers also get discounts quite frequently. Hey, I'm the first guy to admit I'm not cheap, but in the words of Dr. Evil, throw me a bone here I do admire your choice of words, though, Mark - "exciting" prices - I like that! And please don't take this post to be a fight-picking post - I like and respect Mark. But I just wanted to clarify my view on pricing a bit. As for the hat - it's the best I have ever seen, and I've only seen a few.

Comment

just read this thread and in my opinion pricing is irrelavant if you want a piece and you are willing to pay the price asked then buy it, if you think its too dear dont buy it i can understand where craig is coming from with the rarity of the item and if he sells this item or not will justify if its overpriced or not personally if i had the money or the means of paying for it id buy it straight away as i think its the nicest one i have ever seen and the chances of finding another in this cond are getting slimmer and slimmer
                            stuart

Comment

Stuart, while they are rare, they are not so rare that there is not al least one available at any one time. The interest in civil/political uniforms/headgear has been on the decline somewhat over the past 4 years--everyone who is now entering the hobby seems to want Wehrmacht, SS, or Police items primarily (ie, armed formations).
                              The hat on Craigs site was on another dealers site for a while, at a price that was significantly lower than Craigs.

The rare hats for the HJ are the Gold-piped Leaders hats--those you will see on the market once in a blue-moon (and I don't believe that even Bob C possesses one {yet}) , right Bob?!
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X